Update from Hodgdon Powder Company - Jan 12th

It used to be extortion was frowned upon. Today it is the primary business model.

Seems to be just in line with everything else going on in this country.

A country without God is a godless country.

At one point the products we made ourselves had pride in them.

Now we bid them to the cheapest overseas manufacturer we can.

Or more people may be buying. Hard to fathom....
I think that the hoarders have had a much more direct effect on demand than many realize. I had a pretty big stock of it here before COVID and have bought very little since. My best advice is stock up when demand and prices are low and quit complaining. That goes for many products not just relating to reloading and shooting.

If Trump or DeSantis wins the next presidential election then prices should drop significantly shortly thereafter. Right now panic buying is still somewhat in effect but thankfully it's slowing down.

Historical shortages and upward price surges coincide with politics, particularly presidential elections.

Keep yer' powder dry pilgrim....
Doesn't that make you a hoarder ?

I don't get the point of all the hate and vinegar going on here. Somehow, Hodgdon announcing that they think they can get caught up and have reasonable availability is just a cynical ploy to steal money from innocent reloaders. I just don't get you people.
Forums are a free place to gather. Unfortunately a few of the people on them are negative about most things in their life, and this is how they vent. Haters have to hate.