Unit 6 Wyoming Need access to private land

longbowelk

I see that Wyoming had an abundance of left over cow only tags for Unit 6 in SE Wyoming last year. I was trying to possibly go last season but never could find a place to go. Most of this area is private land. These tags are for private land only. Any one know a rancher that allows hunting for a small fee for cow elk? Anyone know anything about this unit? It appears to be lower elevation which could mean that the elk may not even be in there until some of the snow possibly drives them down. These tags were good from August 31 to Jan 31, a fairly large window of opportunity. There will be 2 to 4 hunters.

You might try The Meyer's at the Whitetail ranch across (SE side of HWY 34) from the Cooney Hills. I believe they still do some trespass type hunts and have lots of ag that the Elk really like. Everything on their side of the HWY would be 6.
[/QUOTE
Would that be Fred's place?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts