Ultralight, or ultra durable

@sp6x6 i don't know if you are referring to overall weight of 7#+ as for just the chassis, but the magnesium XLR element chassis' I own are all right around 32oz with the folder and carbon butt stock. The weight to consider is the long CIP AICS mags you have to run for the 7PRC. But the 3 rounders are 7oz. To be succinct the overall folder magnesium is about 40oz where the factory Christensen FFT with bottom metal is 23ish. So yes you add a pound. If you direct thread the carbon butt stock you can shave off 5oz.

Another great option is the MDT HNT26 right at 28oz for the folder w/arca including action screws (Rem700 LA). You can save not going arca or folder but you don't save much. Either way both of the options I mention have adjustable cheek pieces and arca rails. Shooting off a tripod is glorious, and if you somehow added an arca rail and higher cheek piece you would be within 8oz of the FFT stock.

In short I feel it is a great trade off with the pistol grip, thumb shelf, adjustable comb height, and built in levels if you want to stretch it out. I love Christensen products but just am not comfortable with their stocks. I have spent an embarassing amount on ultra light hunting gear, but refuse to skimp on optic and rifle weight as those two things aid harvesting.

Recent Posts