Ultimate Long Range Waterfowl Rig

Obviously, there are different strokes for different folks but skybusting is frowned on by most waterfowl hunters. I've hunted with some of the very best and that's the first thing most of them teach a new young hunter. In Colorado if a Warden sees you skybusting, he won't write you a fine for it. But he will write you a fine for everything else you were doing wrong. And since he saw you skybusting, he's going to find something you were doing wrong because everyone here frowns on skybusting.

Last edited:
ok sorry let me be more specific
I shoot Hevi X and HeviMetal shells by using these shells
I never use anything larger than a 3" shell...I opt for
2's for the most part and I am normally shooting puddle
ducks in flooded bean or rice fields
3" HeviX 2's are the most cost effective high performance loads on the Planet.

For all the sky busters out there according to the KPS ballistics program. You can now ethically take big ducks out to 135 yards with the new TSS 18g 5s at 1300 FPS! Last year we tested the 6s and 7s and had 95 percent clean kills on all of our ducks and geese out to 90 yards. This stuff is amazing! We killed more limits this year than ever before. This stuff is expensive but it works. I shot a briley mod choke all year and watched many feather pillows exploded at distances unimaginable. For those that gave up duck hunting because you were tired of shooting ducks 4 and 5 times at 20 yards with steel shot to kill them this new TSS is a reason to start hunting again!

For all the sky busters out there according to the KPS ballistics program. You can now ethically take big ducks out to 135 yards with the new TSS 18g 5s at 1300 FPS! Last year we tested the 6s and 7s and had 95 percent clean kills on all of our ducks and geese out to 90 yards. This stuff is amazing! We killed more limits this year than ever before. This stuff is expensive but it works. I shot a briley mod choke all year and watched many feather pillows exploded at distances unimaginable. For those that gave up duck hunting because you were tired of shooting ducks 4 and 5 times at 20 yards with steel shot to kill them this new TSS is a reason to start hunting again!

Just to play the devils advocate, If someone was shooting ducks 4 or 5 times at 20 yards with steel shot to kill them, it wasn't because they were shooting steel, it was because they were missing. If they were missing at 20 yards, how in the world are they going to hit them at 90 yards?

That being said, I might look into the stuff you are talking about. I haven't heard of it.

I know guys that have killed turkeys at 85 yards with TSS 9s yes you read that correct 9s.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.