Twins!

You and I have very similar taste. Mine are Hells Canyon rifles in 6.5 creedmoor and 300WSM as well. Slightly different models though. The 6.5 is an SR, and the .300WSM is the HCLR.

VX6HD and VX5HD, and I even have the same Triad stock packs as you.

I too was challenged by the triggers. I just put a Timney in the .300WSM, will probably do the same on the 6.5. I shoot both suppressed. My 6.5 should see lots of use as I have two boys. My older boy just killed his first deer with it this fall.

Congrats on the sweet pair.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200114-111618.png
    Screenshot_20200114-111618.png
    7 MB · Views: 142
Anyway, I was on the fence for a while about going full custom or not, and these rifles basically came stock with almost every upgrade I would have done, so they really fit the bill well for me.

Nothin' wrong with that! Now don't be running around the house with those scissors!

Thanks guys for all the positive responses....looks like I'm not the only one with a fetish for twins....and brownings.....

You and I have very similar taste. Mine are Hells Canyon rifles in 6.5 creedmoor and 300WSM as well. Slightly different models though. The 6.5 is an SR, and the .300WSM is the HCLR.

VX6HD and VX5HD, and I even have the same Triad stock packs as you.

I too was challenged by the triggers. I just put a Timney in the .300WSM, will probably do the same on the 6.5. I shoot both suppressed. My 6.5 should see lots of use as I have two boys. My older boy just killed his first deer with it this fall.

Congrats on the sweet pair.
The 6.5 will be waiting patiently for my 4yr old son and newborn daughter....

After lusting over them for 2 years, I finally did some horse trading and made room in the safe for these. Browning Hell's Canyon McMillan LR. One in 6.5CRD and one in 300WSM, with the idea of the 6.5 for the trainer, the 300 for hunting. I've shot the 6.5 100 times, and the 300 15, factory ammo only. So far they are both showing promise, especially the 300.

Both rifles nearly identical in fit and finish, both bedded from the factory. The short mag feeds very smooth from the mag (as compared to my rem 700, same caliber) so very pleased as I had a few frustrating moments while hunting (reloading for follow up shot) with that.

My only criticism is the stock trigger, which is quickly and easily improved with the Mcarbo spring kit, dropped both rifles to about 2.4lbs.

Anyway, I was on the fence for a while about going full custom or not, and these rifles basically came stock with almost every upgrade I would have done, so they really fit the bill well for me. If you're looking at these, don't hesitate, they're nice!
Nice! One for deer, one for elk:)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.