turkey decoy for yotes

red dawg

Does anyone out there use a turkey decoy and call to coax in yotes? where I yote hunt on one smaller place nobody, including me turkey hunts , so I'm not worried about effecting the goblers, cause I will be gone from there in turkey season anyway

I had coyotes walk right past my decoys during turkey season. And I've watched them chase turkeys out of a field trying for a meal. Gave me the idea to put some decoys out and use a turkey call, but never did. I was able to go back to where I watched them chase the birds, and coax one out of the thickets with another bird distress sound however.

I think I'll give this a try when the birds start getting more vocal this year...it's worth a shot!

I've put out a Turkey Hen Decoy a few times while Calling Coyotes but didn't have any luck.....I'm sure if a Coyote had come into range and saw the Decoy it would work really good.

I saw the newer Turkey Decoy where the Turkey is on the ground and flapping/flogging its wings.....bet that Baby would work Awesomely!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts