Tuner brake for 7mag

I have 2 of them. 1 is going on my 7PRC build (on a Tikka T3X action) which I hope to finish in the next couple of weeks, and one I've had on a 6.5 PRC.
The brake has good open ports, and I feel it did reduce recoil on the 6.5, not since I'm not recoil sensitive and the 6.5 PRC didn't have much kick before the brake was installed, I have no Scientific proof, only my personal feeling. They will assist in tightening groups if use properly which I believe would be great for people who only shoot factory ammo.
My 2 cents
Brad, please give more details if you can and keep us posted with your 7PRC on T3x build, such as barrel make, mag to acommodate 7PRC on a Tikka, stock/chassis, etc. I just ordered a 7PRC barrel from IBI (they just started to make 7PRC prefits on both steel and carbon), using an action from a T3 originally on 300 win mag. Maybe we could start a tread...
I too use EC tuner brakes on other 5 rifles (2x 300 win mag, 2x 6.5 PRC, and a 6.5 CreedMoor TAC-A1), another one is waiting for the upcoming 7PRC build. They all did the job as advertised - control vibration=smaller groups + efficient in recoil reduction (very obvious especially on 300 win mag). At recoil reduction, another option is the MDT brake, I used a few with excellent results.

Last edited:
There is no issue turning a 5/8 thread on a .701 muzzle. The brake id chamfer can cause an issue but a smith can dust it off and you'll have plenty of shoulder to butt up against.
From my understanding they can be threaded but the collar that you put on first to time the ports will make it look a "little wonky".The words of my gunsmith.
His recommendations was to "get another rifle"!WOW I love this guy!That would solve a lot of problems.
The wife don't share my feelings as there is no more room in our safe and no room for another safe.

There is no issue turning a 5/8 thread on a .701 muzzle. The brake id chamfer can cause an issue but a smith can dust it off and you'll have plenty of shoulder to butt up against.
It isnt just the shoulder…it is thinning the barrel too much at the crown. This 'oblong's' the last bit of the crown .

Brad, please give more details if you can and keep us posted with your 7PRC on T3x build, such as barrel make, mag to acommodate 7PRC on a Tikka, stock/chassis, etc. I just ordered a 7PRC barrel from IBI (they just started to make 7PRC prefits on both steel and carbon), using an action from a T3 originally on 300 win mag. Maybe we could start a tread...
I too use EC tuner brakes on other 5 rifles (2x 300 win mag, 2x 6.5 PRC, and a 6.5 CreedMoor TAC-A1), another one is waiting for the upcoming 7PRC build. They all did the job as advertised - control vibration=smaller groups + efficient in recoil reduction (very obvious especially on 300 win mag). At recoil reduction, another option is the MDT brake, I used a few with excellent results.
I will provide a list for the build and my impressions etc. when I have the time to put it together.

It isnt just the shoulder…it is thinning the barrel too much at the crown. This 'oblong's' the last bit of the crown .
Agreed. Moreover, making too thin exactly the most important part of the barrel (the one containing the muzzle), would most likely negatively impact the vibrations/resonance, exactly where it counts the most, possibly putting it out of tune. I do not have strong facts to support this, but it makes sense physically, so I personally would definitely avoid that.

The smith said it could change the P O I as resonance could change.I'm liking the new rifle idea more and more and the one I am looking at comes with a brake already on it but have no idea how well it works.
Browning X-Bolt Long Range 300 win mag.Just saw pics of what looks like a break on it.
Not interested in a flash suppressor type device on the end.Will know more in a few days.

FEENIX,do they come in one thread size only?Tuner/brake might be nice.
I have a barrel that's .701 and some brake companies say that's too small for their brake.
No! The Next Gen and PRS are available in 3/4-24, 5/8-24, and M18x1.

Benchrest is available in 3/4-24, 5/8-24, and 7/8-24.

5/8-24 should be fine, but it is best to consult with your GS.

If you saw the big brake on the new x bolt LR that would be the recoil hawg. I have one on my Hells canyon LR and my 300wm, they do a good job of knocking down the recoil

The smith said it could change the P O I as resonance could change.I'm liking the new rifle idea more and more and the one I am looking at comes with a brake already on it but have no idea how well it works.
Browning X-Bolt Long Range 300 win mag.Just saw pics of what looks like a break on it.
Not interested in a flash suppressor type device on the end.Will know more in a few days.
Did the break look like this?

Attachments

• D557FD85-E73E-4331-B924-9D849D1DAA78.png
    D557FD85-E73E-4331-B924-9D849D1DAA78.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 29
I was concerned that the twist is 8 twist and I mainly shoot 180 to 190 gr bullets but Berger Bullet Stability Analysis calculator shows 3.79 which is very stable for those bullets.

I was concerned that the twist is 8 twist and I mainly shoot 180 to 190 gr bullets but Berger Bullet Stability Analysis calculator shows 3.79 which is very stable for those bullets.
The only difference between that one and the one I have is the stock.
What caliber are you looking at?
Mine is a 7rem mag

I'm going to stay with 300 win mag.I got rid of all 7mm long ago.Not because they don't kill well because they do but I want either all 7 mm rifles or all 30 cal rifles so I don't have to stock so many different bullets.
I already broke that rule by having 22 lr,22 mag,223,6.5 Grendel,270,30-30,358,45-70,44mag and 45 colt rifles.I think that's all but many 30 cal.

Last edited: