Tuff luck Wyoming tags

MachV

Well the draw was posted @ 10 am and we didn't draw goat/deer or bull tags this year.....We did however draw a cow elk tag and will pick up a few leftover tags.
How was your Wyoming luck?

Nobody in my family drew bull tags, our party got our second choice Antelope and I am the only one that drew a deer tag I got my first choice on that. and an august cow elk tag. So looks like I will be doing general again for elk... maybe ill just get 3 cow tags I am not sure.

We only drew landowner antelope. Didn't get my whitetail tag, doe fawn mule deer tag or elk tag. I have never had a worse year with drawing. I did see that about 200 more people put in for area 6 elk.

No elk tags for me and the wife either...

We did finally draw for antelope after a couple years of "drought"...

It's the wife's first chance at a big game animal so hope it all goes good, we'll be over in 100 this year.

Got lucky and drew a coveted late season any elk tag. Last time I drew the tag, I never pulled the trigger and passed on over 25 bulls looking for the ONE, then my wife called and told me that her grandmother had passed away and could I come home with four days left in the season. So I did. Maybe this will be the year! Last time I passed on a 340+ bull at 800 yards, for two reasons, 1 I was at the limit of my leica 800 and the readings weren't consistant and 2, I forgot my drop chart and didn't have it memorized to that range. This year I am ready! Also got two doe/fawn antelope for practice and a cow/calf late elk. I hunt general deer.

Wyoming has always been my problem. In 13 years of doing applications in Wy, ID, MT and NV I have never drawn **** in Wy until this year. I drew 2 cow tags. They are in areas I wanted to hunt a bull so it's going to be a chance to learn the country.

When Wy clamps down on nonresidents in the next few years, I imagine I will look back at 2014 as the good old days.

Dad and I scored bull tags. My 12 year old scored a cow tag. We were shut out last year so I know the pain that goes along with the word unsuccessful. Now the only question that needs to be answered is...300 rum, 338 rum, or 375 rum.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.