Tss turkey loads

Creedmoor shooter

Tss is a complete different animal. Never shot it but theres some impressive patterns out there. If people think hevi shot magnum blend is just as good their off their rocker! I used to shoot magnum blend. Got sick of paying out the nose for it and switched to Winchester long beard and got better patterns with long beard. I dont reload shotgun because I dont shoot it unless its Turkey season. I just cant justify spending 10 bucks a shell when 90% of the time my birds are under 30 yards. Definitely some great stuff though and I'd say the best shell on the market right now. This is my NH bird this year. 19 yards with long beard #6 out of my Winchester sx3 with a Carlson's long beard choke. He never even wiggled. Pummeled him. Headed to Vermont later this week hoping to knock another one
20200508_110703.jpg

Jjlo63

LRH Team Member
Nice bird creedmoor shooter! I killed a lot of birds with that same load and choke combo. I just switched to tss 31/2” 9’s this year still using the carlsons long beard choke, its amazing how many pellets hit your target! Killed a good one first season in Illinois.
EC74513C-2908-4D0C-9543-C9D82F2BFF7C.jpeg

cohunt

sounds like you may need new recoil springs as it seems like the breech block is starting to move rearward early before the pressure is down and the case is still pressed againest the chamber wall.
assuming to are referring to my post about tearing the rims on the viper g2 20ga-- its not the recoil spring as it does not do it with any other factory ammo including longbeard (and the gun only has about 50 rounds through it since new--if that)-- the rim/brass on the tss appears to actually be made of a coated steel and not brass so it is thinner than the brass rim on the longbeard shells-- that is the only thing I can think of as it doesn't do it on 5 other brands of turkey loads, just the tss
1590005105197.png

Last edited:

eastbank

i use the tss 20 ga and tss 12ga in both pumps(winchester 1300-remington 870) and auto loaders( remington 1187- bretta 391) and have had no problems. i just looked at several federal tss empities and noticed no abnormal marks. maybe you got a bad batch, e-mail or call federal, at 34-38 dollars for five shells you should not have any problems. i posted about a worn recoil spring or over gassed problem that would let the action to open while pressure was to high.

cohunt

I'll check with federal, of course I tossed the 2 shells we shot through it for patterning at 30&40 yards (saving 3 for hunting) but it tore the rim on both of them... I have since bought another box so I'll check the lot number and maybe try 1 from the other box-- I hate to shoot an $8 round just to see if it will do it again.

It doesnt do it on cheepo win or fed dove shot, or kentTurkey, longbeard,heavi shot triple beard, rem nitro Turkey or even the win fast steel loads-- just the tss

wildwings

I picked up some Hevi-18 TSS from Hevishot and cleanly took a gobbler at 73 yards. Just amazed the energy these shells possess at extended ranges the 18g/cc compared to lead is like bringing a gun to a knife fight NO COMPARISON. The gobbler barely twitched when he was shot. I am a believer

eastbank

I picked up some Hevi-18 TSS from Hevishot and cleanly took a gobbler at 73 yards. Just amazed the energy these shells possess at extended ranges the 18g/cc compared to lead is like bringing a gun to a knife fight NO COMPARISON. The gobbler barely twitched when he was shot. I am a believer
yes they work! 54 yard shot, DOA.

Attachments

Plowboy85

I shoot the Apex 8.5s and have several buddies that shoot 9-9.5s, they are very lethal. I shoot a patternmaster and also have a Jebs 0.660” per Jebs recommendation. Mine groups well with the patternmaster and haven’t tested the Jebs. Here is a photo off of the Apex website and mine is very similar at 40yds.

Attachments

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce