Tss turkey loads

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Larry Jones, Mar 7, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. N2TRKYS

N2TRKYS Well-Known Member

I killed a turkey @ 50yds with my 20ga and #7.5s this season. Much better on game performance than the #9s. My 12ga still outshines the 20ga, of course. There's not enough weight difference to notice between the two, either.

2. Clay Target Guy

Clay Target Guy Well-Known Member

Just saw this on Youtube, and no I do not shoot Apex loads (I roll my own) but for those wondering about how effective TSS is, this video shows it being shot into ballistic jell.

3. Rootdoc

Rootdoc Active Member

I purchased the Pendleton TSS loads to use specifically when i go reaping. Very impressed even purchased the recommended choke

4. Sinko

Sinko Active Member

I've been loading my own for several years. Killed a lot of turkeys with it. All I've used is #9 and have no reason to try anything else. I've killed birds from 10 yards to 73 steps and I'm 6'2".
    I could write a short book on tss and why I love it.

5. Reloader

Reloader Well-Known Member

It's definitely a game changer. If any of you guys want to get started with it or just need to add to your shot stash, give me a shout. I've been developing loads and selling shot for many years.

Clay Target Guy likes this.
  6. eastbank

eastbank Well-Known Member

the shells are not cheap(tss #9 federals 6.50 per shell), but over all they can and will take a turkey cleanly at 50 yards. I look at it this way. I want a clean kill and try to limit my shots to 35-40 yards. in the total picture of cost for a day of hunting, breakfast 7.00- snacks 4.00- lunch 8.00- gas at least 3 gallons(2.89 a gallon) and the cost of a license, for me its not the cost but the hunt. if it was about cost I would go to a wise-giant food store and buy a turkey. turkey target 8.5x11" 40 yards, 1-3/4 oz federal tss #9,s.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  7. Gar Guru

Gar Guru Active Member

Look at the bruise on his right cheek at the end!!!! He needs to be checked for a concussion.