TSS Ammo! R U Kidding Me?

Sorry Calvin missed my point. The antis WANT high cost of ammo and manufacturers selling .410 at ridiculous prices is helping that cause. There is no reason for .410 that uses less components be same cost of 12. This is absurd that trying to bring youth, woman, even sustaining elderly into shooting is held back by enormous cost. The industry is cutting their own nose off with this philosophy. This is scalping in another level but for what purpose? This group is our future but yet let's make it difficult to bring them in to shooting sports thru cost. Yes it's supply and demand but what the heck is your business plan that doesn't include sustainability and growth with new shooters? Bringing in and developing youth etc? This is where greed over rides business development.

How many have .410 Mec's? I have a 12 but no .410. Shooting 100 rds a year not worth it. Heck 100rds is an hour dove shooting with 12. But 100rds of .410 $$$ is stupid cost. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah it's too bad for sure. 12 gauge is the way to go but even if you get reduced loads for it (which isn't too much trouble) the physical size and handling characteristics of the firearm itself is a bit much for kids and smaller framed women to comfortably handle….heck I handled a 20 guage in the store the other day, truth be told I've never used anything other than 12 gauge…and I gotta say I liked it! Light and nimble and "whippy" to point compared to any 12

I see your point mr boots but this one has nothing to do with the antis or the government or any of that….this is good old American supply-and-demand capitalism at its finest (or worst? I don't know). If people will buy it even when it's that expensive why the heck would a capitalizing manufacturer not keep making them and charging whatever they decide?

Although I will say, it's freaking weird how there's NO inexpensive 410 ammo anywhere. The demand for that is certainly there as well…Why ain't they making more of it!!!???

I work at a gun store now, have had to be the bearer of bad news to about 3 dozen guys in the last month that no we don't have any 410 and no we have no way of knowing when they'll send us any. They're forever on order and unfulfilled, like federal primers and Alliant powder haha.
410's shotshells are notoriously slower to load on a MEC 600 than 12 gauge shells. Ever since they made the Taurus Judge and S&W Governor as defense weapons 410's have been in short supply.The 410 versions of Marlin and Winchester 94 Lever Guns also use 410's by the dozen. These ain't just being used by kids on the farm shooting a Rat with a single-shot 410 anymore these days, they're on the main battle line. Those youtuber's burn up a good share of em too. Easy to get 4 boxes of 25 of the 410's, in the space of one box of 12 gauge shells on the shelf.

I see your point mr boots but this one has nothing to do with the antis or the government or any of that….this is good old American supply-and-demand capitalism at its finest (or worst? I don't know). If people will buy it even when it's that expensive why the heck would a capitalizing manufacturer not keep making them and charging whatever they decide?

Although I will say, it's freaking weird how there's NO inexpensive 410 ammo anywhere. The demand for that is certainly there as well…Why ain't they making more of it!!!???

I work at a gun store now, have had to be the bearer of bad news to about 3 dozen guys in the last month that no we don't have any 410 and no we have no way of knowing when they'll send us any. They're forever on order and unfulfilled, like federal primers and Alliant powder haha.
You must not work much,seems like I have that many requests every week. I've had 3 customers in a row asking for .410 ammo.

You must not work much,seems like I have that many requests every week. I've had 3 customers in a row asking for .410 ammo.
Small town man. I'm full time haha. That being said I've only been working here since December. It's the slowest time of the year right now. I do hope we get some in time for chicken/grouse/partridge season next fall.

Up here in Saskatchewan anyway what's really been selling is rimfire as always and then lots of .223 and .22-250, ammo and rifles. It's coyotes and wolves they're all after about now. Not really a job for a .410

Been a bad year for the farmers with livestock predation. Haven't had much snow or a brutally cold winter like the last 2 were. So that's easier on the deer and rabbits but those coyotes and wolves, which are overrun, are turning to easier pickings.

A further note about my work haha: we are a small town one stop shop with a lumberyard, hardware store, gun and tackle and camping supply, liquor store, and gas station. Your one destination for everything that isn't groceries or furniture. And we do sell beer, beef jerky, and lawn chairs which for some folks is all the groceries and furniture they desire….🤣

A further note about my work haha: we are a small town one stop shop with a lumberyard, hardware store, gun and tackle and camping supply, liquor store, and gas station. Your one destination for everything that isn't groceries or furniture. And we do sell beer, beef jerky, and lawn chairs which for some folks is all the groceries and furniture they desire….🤣
So you are in the Promise Land! Great for you.

It started with yeti coolers.

Now every manufacturer out has to find the upper limits of his customers stupidity.

You see it in the custom rifle biz everyday.

Except the TSS has actual real world benefits that can't be replicated outside of that product. You are essentially paying a few extra dollars to double your range while reducing recoil as it gets better than 12 gauge lead performance from a 20 gauge.

Realistically how many shells do you shoot at a turkey? One maybe two for a follow up? Apex TSS ammo is like $13 a shot for 2oz 3" 12 gauge. Load the TSS in the chamber and Winchester in the tube for the follow ups and that would stretch your TSS usage to 5 turkeys. Outside of some die hard turkey hunters that is several years worth of ammo and probably one of the cheapest parts of your hunt.

Sorry Calvin missed my point. The antis WANT high cost of ammo and manufacturers selling .410 at ridiculous prices is helping that cause. There is no reason for .410 that uses less components be same cost of 12. This is absurd that trying to bring youth, woman, even sustaining elderly into shooting is held back by enormous cost. The industry is cutting their own nose off with this philosophy. This is scalping in another level but for what purpose? This group is our future but yet let's make it difficult to bring them in to shooting sports thru cost. Yes it's supply and demand but what the heck is your business plan that doesn't include sustainability and growth with new shooters? Bringing in and developing youth etc? This is where greed over rides business development.

How many have .410 Mec's? I have a 12 but no .410. Shooting 100 rds a year not worth it. Heck 100rds is an hour dove shooting with 12. But 100rds of .410 $$$ is stupid cost. 🤷🏻‍♂️

.410 is expensive because of less volume, not only are you paying for the components but you are also paying for the machine switch across a smaller product run and the extra cost for not allowing that machine to make 12 gauge.

My extended family owns a single .410 but probably a dozen or more 12 gauges and we predominantly shoot 12 gauges. I know guys that buy pallets of 12 gauge every few months, that same guy has probably never actually shot a .410. As such manufactures primarily manufacture 12 gauge and that benefits the economy of scale.

I haven't priced any in a long time but if I remember correctly 28 gauge has always been more expensive than 12,20,16 and 410. Not sure if anyone still makes a 28?

Most big manufacturers have at least a few models chambered in the 28 gauge as it is popular with quail and grouse hunters since the shots are quick and close while the guns are light.

The TSS shells are expensive no matter what gauge they're in. I think I paid over $100 for two boxes of 5 for my 20ga. I don't really see the need to use it in my 12ga's as those are primarily wing guns. Checkout Boss Shotshells. They sell the .410 TSS Boss Tom for $75 and they're 10 round boxes. That's what I use for my 20ga. Practice with lead and get an extra box to pattern and sight in the RDO. 10 rounds should last a while for a few birds. It's crazy that 20ga shotshells is the most expensive ammo that I've ever bought. Whereas, short of 22lr some of the 12ga shotshells that I've bought have been the cheapest ammo that I've bought.