Trying to decide between Trijicon Tenmile and Leica Amplus 6

glenn2000

I am undecided hopefully someone that may have had a chance to compare first hand the Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18x50 and the Leica Amplus 6 2.5-15x50
will consider others if its in the $1500 range .

The Tenmile has better turrets. The glass seems to be slightly better on the Leica IMO.

I am undecided hopefully someone that may have had a chance to compare first hand the Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18x50 and the Leica Amplus 6 2.5-15x50
will consider others if its in the $1500 range .
I've never used the Amplus, but I have a Leica Magnus and its far and away the best scope I've ever owned. Glass beats out tangent theta, turrets are a little less positive than the TT but otherwise great and track perfectly, and I have no reason to doubt its durability. This is all to say that I think the Amplus is a great buy because I have had great experiences with Leica, and I would bet that the Amplus is going to blow the trijicon out of the water optically.

All that said, I have always had great experiences with trijicon and I like them much better than vortex scopes that cost more, and if durability and a lifetime of service were my primary concerns, I would get the trijicon.

Because I think both scopes would serve you well, I would just get the one with features that correspond to the scope's intended use. Is this for whitetail hunting where every minute of daylight matters? Is it going on a backcountry or sheep gun where weight is a huge factor? Is it going to take a beating? Do you dial the turrets frequently? The SFP Tenmile is a bit heavier. You can get an FFP tenmile in your price range (the 3-18x44) which weighs the same as the Amplus, and has the benefit of being FFP. The tenmile will certainly be reliable and track consistently because it is a trijicon. The Amplus will have better glass and give you better lowlight performance.