True wild boar?

That sucks, I know the ones you mean. Big, Hairy and Ugly.
They don't exist in Australia although the ones in the Tropics of Northern Australia vary from what's in arid areas.
Mountain pigs in Australia might also grow out to be big and hairy.
I've shot Warthogs in Africa, like if your gotta pay Africa isn't that expensive Warthogs are cool and the have Bushpig that are Butt ugly.

I think a driven Boar hunt in Europe would be great and you get a Euro boar.

Search "High Fence Russian Boar Hunt." They quickly domesticate. You'll be paying. Even the ones that call themselves True Russian Boars are inseamanated as piglets.
I knew swine genetics water down quickly from both the domestic and wild strains in the US....into a feral type mongrel pig. Just hoped for a pocket somewhere with some pure"er" nasty's.
Even pigs should be hunted fair chase imo, but I understand why they are penned.
Thank you.

I don't know of any true huntable wild boar. We raise a russian cross and that't about as close to pure as you are going to get. We had to cross them because we another russian sow. My russian boar was like a puppy dog and just as friendly. People didn't believe it until they saw it. He died several years ago and I am now using his grandson as a boar. They have wonderful personalities. Very vigorous and lively. They don't eat much and love cooler weather.

We don't hunt ours, we raise them for food.

Recent Posts