"Wild Boar Fever"

Geo he's shooting a Sauer 202 7mm RM with a brake in most of the episodes I've seen.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...unter-shows-rapid-fire-skills-with-sauer-202/

His technique is very similar to that of someone with a lot of upland and pass shooting.

Everything has to be smooth. He explains that he comes up from behind gauging the speed and moves to a lead point just ahead for a neck/foreshoulder impact.

This is true. I can tell you from shooting sporting clay competitions for 15 years that the smoothness is a muscle memory thing that rolls over to the rifle. The human body is amazing. When you learn it the targets slow down.

Muscle memory. Ya'll just answered a lot of my questions. Now one more. Does it look like the Aimpoint is mounted pretty far forward?

There is no eye relief in an aim point. As long as the eye is lined up (as in the rifle fits you) you don't look at the sights. You look with both eyes open and the(dot) appears where you are looking. Great system, especially for closer moving targets. <100 yds.

Yes, that is a great feature. However, it still feels and looks strange to me. I don't think Franz and his buddies would like our style of hog hunting. We go out and try to kill as many as possible as quickly as possible using whatever tools we have. They make more of a sport and production out of it. And perhaps set rules and regulations that must be followed. I do like the way they get together and share the friendship and experience of the hunt.

Yes, that is a great feature. However, it still feels and looks strange to me. I don't think Franz and his buddies would like our style of hog hunting. We go out and try to kill as many as possible as quickly as possible using whatever tools we have. They make more of a sport and production out of it. And perhaps set rules and regulations that must be followed. I do like the way they get together and share the friendship and experience of the hunt.
That is the same of all European hunting. The game in Europe was the exclusive property of the ruling class for centuries so there's a whole lot of pomp and circumstance associated with the hunts and they are extremely tightly regulated by law.

Just got through watching another episode. Franz was using that beautiful new Blaser rifle. He was not slick and smooth with it. I wasn't impressed. He was amazing with his old rifle. Maybe he needs to put a thousand rounds down it before putting it on tv.

Just got through watching another episode. Franz was using that beautiful new Blaser rifle. He was not slick and smooth with it. I wasn't impressed. He was amazing with his old rifle. Maybe he needs to put a thousand rounds down it before putting it on tv.
It was a very good episode and some of the toughest shooting conditions I've ever seen attempted with a rifle.

I didn't see him shooting a Blaser at least that I noticed, he's sponsored by Sauer and so was this episode so I'd be surprised.

The one thing I did notice was that very large tactical bolt knob he's added.

I felt kinda ripped off though, it felt like only half an episode with the good parts reserved for next week.

For running shots a rifle with a short length of pull is necessary and also a rifle with a short overall length aids the shooter in the standing/offhand position and the balance.

As far as the smooth action, I agree that His "old rifle" was better.
This is also a good use for the TFE coatings on the bolts.

J E CUSTOM

Sauer it was. I also noted the enlarged (huge) bolt knob. It was in bright orange and had Aimpoint stamped on it. Is this a superior aid or more for advertising. WR I am with you. There was a lot of bull and only a little shooting. However, I am still grinning over the part where the hogs out smarted them. One intelligent critter.

Sauer it was. I also noted the enlarged (huge) bolt knob. It was in bright orange and had Aimpoint stamped on it. Is this a superior aid or more for advertising. WR I am with you. There was a lot of bull and only a little shooting. However, I am still grinning over the part where the hogs out smarted them. One intelligent critter.

The show has become commercialized like all the new shows and that's to bad. If you can find his older Videos there is some real shooting and little advertising.

Also the first rifle he shot looked like a 9 x something mm and would slam those big Boars.

J E CUSTOM

I saw this weeks episode and there is no doubt the show is one large advertisement for Aimpoint. They did show a virtual reality hog hunt made once again by Aimpoint. It looked outstanding for sharping up on your shooting skills. Kids would love it. It's exciting and would make it easy to teach them. I could not find where you could purchase one. I e-mailed Aimpoint so we will see if it's affordable and available.

Most of their hunts are driven, from pheasants to pigs.
They practice running shots because it's what they see most of the time.
I have an old Garand 30-06 that would be just right for that!
Slap a red dot on it and bang away. They consider pigs game animals not trash like we do and have a lot of unnecessary pomp and circumstance? But it's their thing?
I like Brian Quaca's (Pigman) methods lots better!!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.