Troublesome scope

areed89

I'm currently in the process of getting the final touches on my rifle. I bought a leupold mk4 ert with the Horus reticle and 0.1 mil turrets. After I zero at 100 I only have 3.5 mils of rotation before it bottoms out and that's with a 20 moa base and low rings. Any input would be appreciated that's.

Side note it is a Rem 700 SPS tac. 308

That sure doesn't seem right. I swear I am not trying to be an ***, was the rail installed in the right direction? I can't think of anything else ...

It was and not to be an *** either but if it wasn't it would hang over past the bolt. Would a 40 moa base be worth the money just to get maybe 5.5 mils out of it?

EGW base? <<<First thing I thought.

Paying no attention to zero, have you checked to see how much total elevation you have in the scope?

Jeff

I would advise the same thing as Jeff. Test the scope for total elevation travel from stop to stop.

You're bottoming out adjusting down? Which model of ER/T do you have? My M5-A has a zero stop.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.