Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30X56 first impressions

Huntnful

Definitely a great scope for the money if it fits your budget and has the features you'd want in a scope. I prefer .2 mil hashes in the reticle. But other than that, not much to complain about. Good glass, great turret, smooth functions. I'd buy another one for sure. I know @Barbourcreek has used the crap out of theirs, so they can attest to the tracking and RTZ.

Last edited:

B083F6SWML B083F68ZXN on Amazon. MOA$2000 or MRAD$1400. I don't understand the HUGE price difference.​
Added: Amazon listings don't show a Trijicon Model # which makes verifying that you are ordering the scope you want very iffy. Depending on what you search, 6 dIfferent magnifications, 8 retical type and FFP or SFP's can all be shown on one listing,

Last edited:
How do you feel these compare to an NX8? They are similar in price so I am curious if you have experience with both.

I am with you. Really wish they'd make .2 mil hash marks. The .5 works great for hunting scenarios, but .2 would make it more versatile in my opinion to compete with the NX8 and mark 5. Would make it a heck of a PRS scope.

I am with you. Really wish they'd make .2 mil hash marks. The .5 works great for hunting scenarios, but .2 would make it more versatile in my opinion to compete with the NX8 and mark 5. Would make it a heck of a PRS scope.
Agreed dude. The .06 mil thickness of the reticle is also pretty ideal for using the full power range as a FFP hunting scope.

I loved everything about this scope. Stereo dial feel of the mag ring especially. The only con was the one I tested had a smooth parallax knob, but the perfect setting was too exacting, causing me to struggle with it.

A sleeper scope that is one of my favorites is the Bushnell Elite HDMR II. H for H59 Reticle. .2mil hashes. I want to get a DMR III as I'm told the glass is even better. It's a hard beat for sure over the DMR II though. NF ATCR, Burris XTR III, Leup VX5HD, Tenmile, all very bright and low if any distortion. The Bushnell and Burris are the easiest to look through as far as eye box aspects. The Burris takes the lead in FOV/picture size.

OK, overnighted a DMR 3 because I'm tired of seeing myself post about it. :D

Last edited:
My son has the 5-25 SFP and it had better glass and turrets than the NX8 in my opinion. I just don't like SFP or I would own one.
How do you feel these compare to an NX8? They are similar in price so I am curious if you have experience with both.