Triggertech spring

Unless the rifle came with that trigger and not happy with it. Purchase a new trigger for it in a lighter #.
I haven't found a better trigger, but wish they would produce in more actions. In Mauser 98's, Howa, Win. I haven't looked at what they are building presently. They for sure need to add to there lines of triggers.
I know I have at least 6-98 actions and my sons have a couple each. Over the years there been a lot of 98 actions been converted to other chambering. It was my go to action. I loved there safely for field rifles.
Mike, I have built about 10-12 Mausers in the last 25 years and have put in them Timney triggers.
All but a few were P-Dog guns in different calibers!

Mike, I have built about 10-12 Mausers in the last 25 years and have put in them Timney triggers.
All but a few were P-Dog guns in different calibers!
I have a couple of differnet trigger in my Mausers action. I really like the TriggerTeck triggers. I like my Mausers actions. Most of the action were purchase at gun shows. Taken home and worked over. New Stocks, triggers and set up for whatever cartridge I was going to use. I really like the safety on them. No way an hell is going to get undone, unless you mess with it. In my 721's 700 I don't carry a round in the chamber. The Mausers a totally different story.

It's not being used in a torsion state, it's being used in a compressive state, each coil has a rate, the spring as a whole provides the total weight. Trimming a coil lessens the total weight.
Cutting coils actually increases the the spring rate if you look at the low riders after they have cut coils their cars are bouncing all around hitting bumps. Now on a coil spring that small in a trigger it doesn't increase it much at all but in cutting it you reduce the length and in that you reduce the preload where it doesn't have as much pressure installed at the same length as before.

Cutting coils actually increases the the spring rate if you look at the low riders after they have cut coils their cars are bouncing all around hitting bumps. Now on a coil spring that small in a trigger it doesn't increase it much at all but in cutting it you reduce the length and in that you reduce the preload where it doesn't have as much pressure installed at the same length as before.

If that was the case, you would only need one coil.

Each coil has a static spring rate, each progressive coil adds to the sum, there is no torsion applied in this type of coil spring.

Coil springs whether in a trigger or a suspension works the same, the difference in a suspension is the leverage applied by the upper and lower A-Arms. There is no Cantilever applied to the coil spring in a trigger, the tension is applied by the adjustment screw.

I have a couple of differnet trigger in my Mausers action. I really like the TriggerTeck triggers. I like my Mausers actions. Most of the action were purchase at gun shows. Taken home and worked over. New Stocks, triggers and set up for whatever cartridge I was going to use. I really like the safety on them. No way an hell is going to get undone, unless you mess with it. In my 721's 700 I don't carry a round in the chamber. The Mausers a totally different story.
I purchased my guns from gun shows and shotgun news because they were so cheap back then!!
All I wanted was the receivers anyway!!
I love these guns!!

Wanting to see what people come up with, have a Triggertech in one of my rifles, would like lighter down to about 2 lbs, I haven't adjusted it yet it is about 3.2 right now. But looking at Weatherby's now so will follow, I have had luck with the MCARBO on some other trigger lightening efforts on shotguns and 22 long rifle rifles triggers.

The video I provided in #22 of an actual TT trigger is pretty straight forward; replace it with a shorter spring and the pull weight is reduced.

Only if the overall rate of the spring is less

Shorter allows you further adjustment range, but simply swapping a spring that is shorter without knowing the "weight" won't get you there entirely, it's a crap shoot at best.

Much like the "ball point pen" spring modification of Ruger triggers, the rate of the pen spring is less than what Ruger called out for in the trigger. Same can be said about the Accu-Trigger modification of removing the safety shoe and spring, overall weight of pull is decreased.