??Trigger

I wished Jewell made triggers for every brand of rifle .

My choice would be simple.

Timney makes good triggers also and are my second choice.

There are some fine custom triggers out there but these are the ones I prefer.

J E CUSTOM

I wished Jewell made triggers for every brand of rifle .

My choice would be simple.

Timney makes good triggers also and are my second choice.

There are some fine custom triggers out there but these are the ones I prefer.

J E CUSTOM

Jewell makes a very good target trigger. Not the best, but still better than 99.9% will ever need. On the otherhand I think they're not so great for use in the field. The best triggers I've ever seen came from Anschutez (they do make one that will adapt to a 700). There's also an electronic trigger out there that is about as good as it can get.

In a Savage the Sharpshooter is the best I've seen, but for 97% of the shooters a generic Rifle Basix will perform very well. But I think the Savage target trigger is better. In a Remington, I like the Shilen (may be out of production). It seems to seal up well, so you don't have to flush it out all the time with lighter fluid. Winchesters are a crap shoot. Lots of different ones made, but none are all that great. Ruger did do a target trigger once, and I really liked this one (mine was a 10oz. trigger with virtually no movement before let off). In an AR, the Jewell is probably the best, but there's a new one out there that maybe better.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.