Trigger for BLR

The ignore feature is such a Blessing!
🤣 LOL, that was a nice morning chuckle. I have used that feature myself.

Can we all leave the "You don't need a 1lb trigger in a hunting rifle!" alone? I have one rifle I hunt with that is that low, a heavy chassis, the rest are more like 2lbs+. In the BLR, carried at half cock with the hammer folded forward, it will not be a safety issue even if carried with a round in the chamber (other than that debate in and of itself). I can go into the other safety features of the firing pin safety, etc. if necessary but let's leave this one alone and discuss the rifle itself rather than Lecturing @Small Lady on what she should/we would do.

That said, I don't think a 1lb trigger is doable in the BLR consistently, reliably or safely with all that is going on in there, heavy hammer, etc. I think it can be made MUCH better than what is there. I think Neil Jones that has been referenced above is currently the best for the job. You will NEVER get a trigger comparable to say my TriggerTech Diamond on the Coup De Grâce action in that chassis I referenced. It's simply not possible with what's in the rifle.

Sometimes a visual aid works.
We are all familiar with a pound of butter.
For me personally, I do not want a trigger where it would require at least this much butter to push the trigger. And worse, about double that for a factory stock BLR trigger.
20231113_073455.jpg

@Small Lady - that's pretty crazy that the guy decided what sort of coffee drink you would have. 🤪 You did the right thing.

Please let us know how the trigger pull goes on the BLR. I'm sure there are people you would like to know as they deal with the same problem on theirs.

@Small Lady - that's pretty crazy that the guy decided what sort of coffee drink you would have. 🤪 You did the right thing.

Please let us know how the trigger pull goes on the BLR. I'm sure there are people you would like to know as they deal with the same problem on theirs.

When I receive a BLR, and get to working on it, i shall do updates.
If I could have simply odered some amazing trigger at the same time as the rifle, I would have.
Had been searching for weeks on my own, and didn't come across anything amazing, but many links to gunsmiths, including Neil Jones, as well as spring kits, and an aftermarket sear, but nothing mind blowing.
It should be a fun project to tinker with, and see just how good it can be made. Many of you also gave me great tips, and resources. The PMs on this topic were also great, thanks to all of you who helped. For those who said a heavy trigger is how it should be, and safer, well you do you....maybe you can find a spring that gets your trigger up to 70 lbs, then you should really be thrilled.

Wonderful!

As for the boy who asked me out, then felt he would be deciding what I had to drink...he was going to get me something that I know would taste terrible to me. Ordering dinner for someone who you know as well as a wife of many years is charming, but you already know her likes and dislikes. Where as this boy knows nothing about me, or what I like, huge difference. My boss and I travel together frequently on trips, sometimes I just wait for him to order, and tell the server 'Ditto' as we have similar tastes. Other times I will beat him to the table, and he has already told me to order for him, because I know him well, and would never order anything that he doesn't like. Our last restaurant meal together, he didn't even pick up his menu, just told me to order for both of us. As the server was walking away, he looked at me and said "Good choice, that is going to be delicious ". I would feel comfortable letting my boss order for me anytime as well, because he understands me. My job is to anticipate what he wants, before he even knows himself, and do anything for him, often before he asks. Before 06:00 today, and my official start time isn't until 07:00, I had his daily carry 338 prepared and on his ATV, had filled a gas can, and taken that up and filled his ATV with gas, checked the oil level, swept the snow off of it as we got our first snowfall last night, filled his insulated water bottle and put it in the trunk, made sure that there was also food in there he likes, ensured the dogs had water and food, then rode down to the horses on my ATV and checked on them, then went back to my cabin.
06:40 I heard his voice on my work radio, he knew that I had already taken care of things, so all he said was "Good morning Small, and thanks for being amazing, hope you're feeling better ".
We are going to be traveling today, before he mentions that its time to get the 530 ready, i plan to have it outside, fueled, preflight done, his personal bag packed and onboard, plus his briefcase packed and onboard. Yesterday on my day off so to speak, I put the battery charger on it, emptied the survival kit, inventoried it, repacked it, and added plenty of heavy winter clothing in our sizes, incase we have to make an emergency landing, or crash.
My point is that I know him, he knows me, as a man should know his wife. Only an arrogant fool would try and tell a woman who he knows nothing about, how she will be doing things.
Well said, you sound like an excellent executive assistant and pilot. It helps in communication and many things if you are on the same team and on the same page. Good luck with your BLR, never got a lever action always wanted one, may have to look at one in the future. I have an old Browning BAR, although it shoots well when I do my part. I know it will never be as accurate as my other rifles, trigger not really adjustable, took a while to find a bipod mount, but it is still a classic in my mind.