Browning BLR 7mm Rem

Its a beautiful gun. But overall I would say no to long range due to the typical for-end, lever gun trigger issues. However doesn't mean you couldn't get lucky and get one that would be capable or do some work on it to make it capable. But odds of pulling it out of the box and shooting well enough to make 700 yd+ shots consistently might be pushing it for its design purpose.

I was looking at a couple of these this past week and the triggers were horrendous!
A new one at the local gun store had about a 12 pound pull weight. Then looked at a used one that supposedly had professional trigger work done to it, better but still in the 8 pound range. I couldn't do it.

It wouldn't be a candidate for long shooting but I use mine all the time . It is a takedown and a great saddle rifle for elk, sheep etc. I am a levergun guy though. The trigger does get better with use

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts