tresspass fee antelope hunts

If you know you're legal, there is no need to fight with anyone. Just do like I mentioned and tell them you'll wait while the Sheriff is called to settle it! If you're legal, that will quickly end the discussion.

Yup. We walked in 2+ miles to get to some state land away from other hunters, surrounded by private on 3 sides. I shot my goat clean well inside public land boundaries. The guys on private, who were guiding out hunts, sat there and watched us all morning from a mile away. After the kill they rolled up hot and gave my buddy a hard time over the stripped carcass after I've left with the meat, claiming wanton waste before ever looking at the carcass. My buddy told them to stuff it, call the game warden, he'd wait. They did, but felt compelled to actually check the carcass then and had to admit it was stripped clean of edible meat.

We ran into the warden the next day, we all had a good chuckle about it.

Regarding the OnXmaps and cell service, you need to download the map to the phone or iPad for your hunt. When you do that you'll have the map and can turn off cellular that will run down your battery in no time and just use the GPS function on the phone.

As for all the landowner, outfitter, public land hassles or alleged hassles, there's so much public land in Wyoming that there's almost no reason to run into this as long as you're respectful, have some good maps, do some good research and if possible get the OnXmaps chip for your GPS.

My experience as a non-res hunter in Wyoming has been amazingly positive and given the chance the locals have helped me hunt there far more so than any other state including my own state of Nevada. The first time I went there four years ago I knew no one and now I have some great hunting partners and friends. The people of Wyoming are good people just don't go there and be "that kind of hunter" none of us like.

Robert

I really am not worried about having trouble . I plan on staying well with in public land with my son . And if an issue does arise we will be very respectful . A lot of people are more educated an the use of gps and such . I can't wait to get out there ....

My dad and I went out our first time this past October and had a blast. We went into a left over tag unit and did fill our tags. Half the tags being filled close to the road and the other half at least 1.5 - 2 mile walk in from the road. Shots were from 20 yds to 630 yds. I had a Garmin vehicle GPS with public and private as well as a hand held with the onX chip. Both were great, but I liked the hand held a little better. Though the bigger screen on the vehicle GPS was nice too. We didn't ask for any permission, just all public, but a friend of mine that was in a different unit asked a few landowners and got on some private and filled their doe tags very quickly. I think it's relatively easy to get on private for does. Going by my friends experience.

If you have any questions shoot me a pm and I'll be glad to help.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts