tresspass fee antelope hunts

kurigew

Hi I was wondering if anybody knows of any landowner trespass fee hunts for me and my 15 year old son ..It does not matter what state ..Also the size of the antelope horns does not matter ..Could also be for antlerless ..And could be later in the season ..Does not have to be the first week ...Thank you for your time ..Bill

I know that in Wyoming, if you call the field offices, they have landowner lists for those that allow hunting on their property. Also there is plenty of BLM ground in Wyoming that doesn't require preference points to draw. The area me and my brother hunted last year (21) was one of those areas. Neither one of us had ever been there before and both killed out by the second day of the season.

Just go to the Wyoming game and fish website and look at the draw odds for each area. Pay close attention to the areas with the little * next to them. Those are the areas that don't have a lot of public ground, which means they have a pretty good draw odds. Then go to the BLM website and look at the maps and see exactly how much or how little is there.

Hopefully MachV chimes in, as he seems to have a lot of expertise when it comes to Wyoming goats.

Good Luck

And no matter where you end up, buy a Garmin with the onXmaps chip or equivalent. There aren't many fences out west and nobody wants to pay a trespass fine.

And no matter where you end up, buy a Garmin with the onXmaps chip or equivalent. There aren't many fences out west and nobody wants to pay a trespass fine.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate your help ...I will for sure check into that ..I am always nervous going out of state on the blind ..But it seems to have worked well for you ..I use the hunt Onx maps here in Pa. all the time ..I use it on my cell phone tho ..I will check into getting for my garmin ..Have a good one man ..Bill

I hunted one of the WY units with "little public land" (6?). We drove a lot, but four of us hunting together tagged out in 2 days. All bucks. We met up with a group that had hunted another hard unit (23) and also did well. The only unit we looked at that looked nearly impossible as most of the public land was inaccessible was 24.

When you look at maps, make note that much public land cannot actually be accessed by the public without crossing private. You must make sure you have road access.

FYI the Wyoming G&F no longer has lists of landowners, so don't waste their time or yours calling them! Also, you cannot look at a BLM map or a map on the G&F website and think just because a road has a name that it's legal to drive on. You need to have a county map for where you're going to hunt that shows all the public roads they maintain at public expense and that touch or go through public land. Many counties have a map and that information right up on their websites now. Here is an example of one of the better ones that even has the lengths of each one right down to the 1/100 of a mile. With that information and a BLM map along with a GPS/chip when you're out there you shouldn't have to worry about trespassing onto private land.

https://www.ccgov.net/DocumentCenter/View/2017

Last edited:
I'm not sure how the onXmaps works on cell phones, but I know that my Verizon phone lost its signal about 30 miles north of Casper. It was very very intermittent at best. My brothers AT&T phone did a little better but definitely not something I would count on having for my GPS.

I'm not sure how the onXmaps works on cell phones, but I know that my Verizon phone lost its signal about 30 miles north of Casper. It was very very intermittent at best. My brothers AT&T phone did a little better but definitely not something I would count on having for my GPS.
GPS on a phone is not dependent on phone signal strength it is actual GPS signal from space.

You will be continually harassed by all of the so called outfitters/guides. I would recommend looking at another state.

You will be continually harassed by all of the so called outfitters/guides. I would recommend looking at another state.

That's the biggest crock of bull I've read in a long time! As long as a person does what I mentioned and knows for sure they are doing nothing illegal if someone other than a LE Officer approaches you tell them to crawl in a hole. Even better is to have the County Sheriff phone number saved in your cell phone and tell them you'll call and wait for them to show up. If you're legal, they'll be gone before you can get your phone out!

I used a gps and still had to argue with people. I went to hunt, not spend time on a cell phone and fighting.

I used a gps and still had to argue with people. I went to hunt, not spend time on a cell phone and fighting.

I remember you coming on a thread about unit 23 two years ago and saying you'd never go back to Wyoming because of being hassled. That unit has about the most private land where there's good antelope hunting on the entire east side of the state and you really need to know what you're doing to hunt there properly and not get hassled. All I can tell you is that I've been hunting out there every year since 1999 spending one to two months out there on numerous occasions. Only one guide working for an outfitter hassled us and his boss was paid a visit by the G&F Warden and warned that if it happened again they might lose their outfitter license. That was back in 2003 and took care of that situation. Other than that, two big ranchers that are known jackasses to even the locals out there have ever stopped us. After a couple quick sessions where they were told to stick it and that we knew the boundaries of the property out there as well or better than they did it stopped. What makes you think going to another state might be different? If you know you're legal, there is no need to fight with anyone. Just do like I mentioned and tell them you'll wait while the Sheriff is called to settle it! If you're legal, that will quickly end the discussion.

Thanks a lot guys for all your input ...I am going to take the plunge and do it ..I am a little nervous but the very worst that could happen is we drive out there and get to meet some new people and see some beautiful country ...If we get an antelope it will be icing on the cake ...My buddy has a new Garmin he said I can use ..I will for sure go that route ... :) :) ....Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.