Training/Practice Rifle

Yeah, I would be very interested to hear your overall impression on the CTR. I am going to look at one this weekend, hopefully, to give the stock another try and see if I can get it to grow on me. But I really prefer that B&C stock and weatherby geometry....

Those of you using sporter weight barrels, say a regular Tikka for example, vs your heavier contours, what kinds of difference in performance are you seeing in terms of stringing after it heats up etc.?

I only saw two creedmore's on the classifieds...one was an AR, I think...big bux.. but the other was the weatherby I mentioned in the previous post. If that thing #2 contour would work, I would grab one of those, throw it into a b&c stock and be golden.

But Weatherby does not even free float them, they purposely put pressure as they say that contour is too light for good shooting when free floated.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.