Traditional Weight 7mm Hammer

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Here is the new Hammer HHT that we just finished up in the traditional 120gr class of 7mm bullets. This is going to be a great option in any of the 7mm's for lower recoil and laser beam flat trajectory for any of your big game hunting needs.

Here is the new Hammer HHT that we just finished up in the traditional 120gr class of 7mm bullets. This is going to be a great option in any of the 7mm's for lower recoil and laser beam flat trajectory for any of your big game hunting needs.

can't wait to try some of these in my wife and sons 7mm-08 I'm sure it will work out great as all of y'all's bullets do

Other than the tip, is there any performance differences compared to the 120gr HH? Thanks

Other than the tip, is there any performance differences compared to the 120gr HH? Thanks
We are seeing a consistently larger would channel at low to mid velocity impacts. Basically it is staying the same between 2000 fps and 2800 fps impact. High velocity we can't tell a diff. Same opening and shedding of the nose petals that is expected from Hammers. Same 60%-70% weight retention as Hammer Hunters, depending on the proportion of nose for individual bullets for how much weight retention they will have.

Tell me more about this cartridge?
I used to mandrel up a 6.5 Creedmoor in 3 separate steps. But I just got my SAC Creedmoor sizing die and can now do it in just one step. Last night I loaded some 100gr Bullets. Mostly to fireform the brass, use up some old powder they don't make any more, and get the barrel sped up.

My previous 7 mm Creedmoor barrel I shot up to 162 grain bullets at the same velocity as I've shot my traditional 708. When I tried the 162 it fits in the case better compared to the 708 and fits better in mags. . I just got my carbon fiber barrel back from Short Action Customs and will load 120-140gr. Essentially this replaced my 708, but I did have a 708 Ackley built with a long throat that I put in an XM plus action . I can really get the 162 ELD's out from the case body and gives me 175 ft./s more than the traditional 708.

Do these have tips installed yet or still need to be installed by the buyer?
Maybe there is a youtube of this already...??
I recently installed some on 95 gr. HH bullets. It was easy peasy and I am the original 10-thumbs guy! Don't forget to use a plastic-tipped hammer for the installation. Don't ask how I found that out! LOL. They shot so well out of my 257 WBY that I'm currently waiting for another box to be delivered.

I know that this isn't exactly the same but it's close…. The 117 HH's out of a 270 Weatherby Mag is ridiculous on elk and deer out to 600 yds. Keep up the good Hammer boys!