• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Trading Items with Members...?'s, How does the transaction work?...

Earnhardt

I don't know if this the place for this question?...Please delete or move if needed...

When posting a "Want to Trade" Thread, what is customary?... or how does the transaction work?

When a trade is agreed upon, does the responder ship his trade item first, the same as a buyer sends their money out first?

Or do you both ship the traded items out the same day?

Thanks

2 guys with lots of feedback…I don't worry about it. The expectation is both ship in a timely manner and send tracking.

Somebody that's new, the reality whether it's a trade or a sale, the new member should ship first and then well known member should ship once they have confirmation via tracking or once the item arrives. That's not standard practice but it should be.

Another thought would be new seller should allow PayPal Goods and Services while building trader feedback. Also pay attention to number and quality of posts and time on site.

Example: you have a decade on the site with 750 comments spread out and 4 trader histories w all positive feedback including some folks I've personally had positive experience with.. therefore I'd trust an equal trade. If it was someone new I'd expect them to ship first or put forward some reputable and verifiable proof of it being a safe trade first.

No hard set rules IMO, just use your logic and do your due diligence.

I've been burned a couple of times in the past on various transactions...so I'm a little gun shy (pun intended)
I've had 2 issues as a seller. Usps lost a package and ups damaged a package and a box of ammo fell out. Both Times I reimbursed the buyer. That really hurts when it's no fault of my own, but that's the cost of doing business!

I've had 2 issues as a seller. Usps lost a package and ups damaged a package and a box of ammo fell out. Both Times I reimbursed the buyer. That really hurts when it's no fault of my own, but that's the cost of doing business!
That you have! I hated that happened. That's what the vast majority of LRH folks would do - the right thing.

That you have! I hated that happened. That's what the vast majority of LRH folks would do - the right thing.
Yep! I was the buyer, and my payment check (the only way I have conducted transaction here) was extremely (IIRC, over a month) slow to arrive, but the seller and I kept close communication. I sent another payment check, IIRC; the 1st check showed up shortly after the 2nd check. The seller sent me an awesome video of my 1st payment check with her daughter, the ceremonial burning of the first check. That was a few years ago; the seller and I have become close friends ever since.

Last edited:
Yep! I was the buyer, and my payment check (the only way I have conducted transaction here) was extremely (IIRC, over a month) slow to arrive, but the seller and I kept close communication. I sent another payment check, IIRC; the 1st check showed up shortly after the 2nd check. The seller sent me an awesome video of my 1st payment check with her daughter, the ceremonial burning. That was a few years ago; the seller and I have become close friends ever since.
It's truly amazing what a good group of guys are on here.