• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Trading Items with Members...?'s, How does the transaction work?...

I've been burned a couple of times in the past on various transactions...so I'm a little gun shy (pun intended)
I've never been burned by anyone on this site and I usually don't wait for payment just ship out the item it's not the end of the world. I know my reputation is worth more than anything I have bought or sold

I have not done a lot of trades here or on other forums but when I do, I look at feedback. I feel like good communication is telling sign if a person can be trusted as well. Also when a transaction was good, I'm telling others by way of feedback. I also have no issues sending first on a trade. At the end of the day, it's just stuff.

Regardless of how you go, as with all things in life, use common sense & over communicate. If you're unsure, offer to trade phone numbers & have a chat over the phone. Make sure plans and expectations are effectively communicated. If you have a bad feeling, trust your gut. If folks will get on the phone with you, you can usually tell pretty quick if they're legit.

I have traded high dollar items with a member here. We shared real world names, addresses and phone numbers. We trade pics by cell phone. I think we called each other. We sent tracking. We both built up reputation points before the trade. We were both very clear about what the condition, shipping tracking, etc.

I find the system a bit nerve racking…..but honest people make it work.

I'm a newer member here. I just made my first sale the other day through the classifieds section. The transaction was smooth. I was able to prove that I wasn't a scammer by sharing photos of the product in real time, showed links of my ratings off of ebay and Gunbroker, and provided good communication. This is a great resource for all of us!

I didn't read any other responses so as not to be tainted or influenced in any way. I can't figure out why people think a trade is any different than a cash sale. The seller lists his item for sale and will accept payment by cash or trade. The parties agree to a price whether that be in cash, sheckles, a scope or a rifle. The parties can always agree to alternate terms. Heck, as a newbie on forums I have shipped my rifle or pistol prior to payment. Last week I sold a pair of Swarovski binoculars for $1000. The guy mailed me a personal check. Later that same day, I sent him the binoculars. Why? He has a well-established identity and reputation. Having said all of that, a trade is no different than a cash sale. The only thing different is the form of payment.

I really only like to trade/sell to the active members of the forum and feedback is huge to me. I also give feedback after every trade or sell, I have noticed not everyone does which I think is unwise. If you do a transaction and everything goes well give some feedback on the site. I think I have done about 8 transactions where I gave feedback and the other party didn't.