Tract vs Sightron

Aloeus

HI All,
Looking for a scope for a 6.5cm range gun I'm putting together. Going to be shooting steel at 1000 yards. I've mostly narrowed things down to a sightron S3 6-24 FFP (about 1100 right now) , a Tract toric 4-20 (PRS reticle, also about 1100 right now), and a vortex PST gen 2 5-25, which while its not in the same glass category from what I can tell, is only 650 right now with the older reticle, which is fine to me. All three seem to punch above their price in glass, but 1100 is at the maximum end of my budget. Is either the tract or sightron worth it, and anyone able to say which between those is better?

In case I get other suggestions, I dont want a scope from China and 1100 is absolutely pushing my budget. I want FFP, mrad reticle, and at least 18x. Not a hunting scope so weight and locking turrets isn't really a concern. I was looking at meopta for a bit, but finally decided that reticle was too much of a compromise for me.

I've not used a sightron so no comment on that. I have Tract and Vortex, both higher end than what you are looking at but relatively 'equal' models being ELR and Razor, the Tract is in another world as far as clarity, light gathering and color. My Tract tracks as close to perfect as I can measure, it returns to zero, and functions generally as well as anything I have used. The Vortex tracks and returns to zero and functions with no issues also, but they are not in the same class at all looking through them and the difference gets wider as conditions get darker. If it were me buying I would be getting a Tract or spending about double to double plus Tract money on a Nightforce ATACR, I haven't used anything in between that I like better.