5x or lower bottom end
As good or better glass than my Vortex PST Gen2 5-25x which to me is quite good
Good warranty
Not made in China or other sub-par production locations
Under $1500
Under 32 oz

Looking at this scope:
* seems to meet all but one

Before I drop the money, what else should I be considering?

Supposed to be made in Japan with Schott glass. I haven't seen one. But boy it sure seem like a good deal. WDS on youtube seemed to like it.

My scope requirements/wants:

FFP MRAD tree reticle
Zero stop
Locking turrets and/or capped windage
20x or more top end
5x or lower bottom end
Good warranty
Under $1500
Under 32 oz

Looking at this scope:

Supposed to be made in Japan with Schott glass. I haven't seen one. But boy it sure seem like a good deal. WDS on youtube seemed to like it.
Here's what I got from them a few months ago when I was doing some queries ...

Toric Tract scopes.JPG

TRACT made in Japan.JPG

TRACT made in Japan transparency.JPG

Element optics Nexus is right at your budget. Made in the LOW factory in Japan and checks all your other boxes.

I had the Toric and it was a chunk, looks good on paper, but I felt that it was less than the sum of its parts. Wasn't a huge fan of how the turrets were designed, the methodology was sound but the caps were annoyingly loose when lifting them up. Glass was ok. Someone pointed out to me that Schott has a manufacturing plant in China, so just because it says Schott does not mean it is to the European Schott standards.

https://element-optics.com/product/nexus/

As far as I know the Schott plant in China is for medical tubing. Not optics.

Athlon cronus btr is made in Japan..if you can find one in your price range. There are christmas tree options.

Bushnell dmr with anything but the standard g3 reticle

Razors probably the best value.

For about $500 over your budget, the eotech vudu.

There were some crimson traces that were pretty good value but I think they have since been sold out for a less useful lineup.

As far as I know the Schott plant in China is for medical tubing. Not optics.
It was brought up in another thread on here some time in the past, I just tried looking it up, but couldn't seem to find it. I honestly don't have much to go off except what others have said.

My scope requirements/wants:

FFP MRAD tree reticle
Zero stop
Locking turrets and/or capped windage
20x or more top end
5x or lower bottom end
Good warranty
Under $1500
Under 32 oz

Looking at this scope:

The link you provided says the scope weighs 34 oz. I think some NightForces and Bushnell Elites might be in the same range. Possibly the Leupold Mk5's?

I bought one and put it on my NRL22 match rifle. I like the scope a lot, but then I used the rifle for NRL22 and rimfire bench rest both. The 20X was not the best for bench rest so I now have a NX8 4-32 on it for both matches. The TORIC is going on my other NRL22 rifle, the TORIC is heavier than I want on a hunting rifle. Comparing my experience with the TORIC and NX8 I would say nothing stands out as big enough difference between them. Not claiming TORIC the equal of the NightForce just saying that using both of them I can not say anything jumps out to differentiate one from the other.