TRACT Toric 10x42 back in stock

T

Tract Optics

Hi guys,

Happy to say the Toric 10x42's arrived a little early and are back in stock.

If you're looking for a premium glass binocular, you will certainly want to give the Toric a look. Scott HT glass in a magnesium alloy body coming out of Kamakura in Japan.

Always feel free to shoot me a pm or post any questions here.

Just got done placing an order for a pair. Having never seen a pair of Tracts personally it will be interesting to compare after using a pair of 8X Swaro's for the last 30 years.

Just got done placing an order for a pair. Having never seen a pair of Tracts personally it will be interesting to compare after using a pair of 8X Swaro's for the last 30 years.

Cowboy,

Thanks for the opportunity to earn your business. I'll be excited to hear your report on the Torics versus your Swaro's.

I very openly say that the Toric quality rivals if not beats the Razor and can hold its own against the SLC's. That being said, the Toric are almost 1/3 the price of the SLC's. thats a lot more money left in your wallet...or a few more new pieces of gear :D

Dont forget to use promo LRH5 to save a few bucks :D i am in the same boat as cowboy as never seen/held them, if they are half as good as Jon says they are..then they will be a great deal at ~$650. My intentions in buying these are to replace my zeiss which I wasn't very pleased with after last fall

Dont forget to use promo LRH5 to save a few bucks :D i am in the same boat as cowboy as never seen/held them, if they are half as good as Jon says they are..then they will be a great deal at ~$650. My intentions in buying these are to replace my zeiss which I wasn't very pleased with after last fall

Thanks Scottyboy. Looking forward to reading your report on them.

TRACT did a great job putting out one heck of a unit at a great price. Those extra hundred dollar bills saved can go a long way into funding the next hunt or more gear!

I'm going to give them a try, living in the high desert of northern Nevada I think the 10-42 would be perfect.
I have spent the last few days reading all I can on different forums, not much out there but all give them high marks.
My plan was the Vortex Razor, but I'll give the new guys a chance. Vortex was the new guy not long ago.

I'm going to give them a try, living in the high desert of northern Nevada I think the 10-42 would be perfect.
I have spent the last few days reading all I can on different forums, not much out there but all give them high marks.
My plan was the Vortex Razor, but I'll give the new guys a chance. Vortex was the new guy not long ago.

Thanks for the kind words Velve. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and reading a report!

I worked for OpticsPlanet some years back in product management. For years I used every brand and manufacturer out there. Tasco to Leica, and saw every marketing technique, product upgrade, and ploy out there. It was after that time that I was presented a a Toric 10x42 to look through, and after my experiences, knew immediately it was a premium optic. Then Jon told me the retails and my jaw dropped. I knew I wanted to be a part of the TRACT team then.

I was tired of seeing the margins jump and pockets be lined and knew this was a way to put great optics into hunters hands at amazing prices.

Did you get then yet? Let us know what you think after you compare them and use them, please.

Did you get then yet? Let us know what you think after you compare them and use them, please.

I have not received them yet but that was at my request to Tract. I ordered them a couple of days before I was leaving town for a week and asked them to ship them on March 1st as it is my understanding that you have to sign for them when they are delivered. My wife informed me that they were already on our credit card statement so if they did indeed ship on the 1st I should be receiving them pretty soon.

i received mine about 1-2 weeks ago and so far, so good! right off the bat, they are packaged extremely well and arrive in a nice box. the usual straps, cloths, stickers etc are included. they seem to fit me far better than my zeiss and the quality of the glass seems to be superb (to me at least - - clearer 'picture' than my razor and zeiss)

the weight is about perfect, the housing is not too slippery...but not too sticky where it would catch on everything, in my opinion they nailed this part of it. the eye piece has a few different locking points for whatever you desire and they lock in solid.

i have since given my zeiss to a neighbor kid who is just getting into the outdoors/hunting and my razors' will also soon find a new home after the local youth gun safety course is completed.

the only thing i could nit-pick would be the rubber cover that goes over the 2 eye pieces doesnt seem to be very snug on mine, it comes off rather easily...but for me this isnt a huge deal as mine will live in a bino harness.

PS: you are correct in that they ship UPS signature required

I have not received them yet but that was at my request to Tract. I ordered them a couple of days before I was leaving town for a week and asked them to ship them on March 1st as it is my understanding that you have to sign for them when they are delivered. My wife informed me that they were already on our credit card statement so if they did indeed ship on the 1st I should be receiving them pretty soon.

I'm guessing you should have those today/tomorrow. Happy to hear your report on them.

i received mine about 1-2 weeks ago and so far, so good! right off the bat, they are packaged extremely well and arrive in a nice box. the usual straps, cloths, stickers etc are included. they seem to fit me far better than my zeiss and the quality of the glass seems to be superb (to me at least - - clearer 'picture' than my razor and zeiss)

the weight is about perfect, the housing is not too slippery...but not too sticky where it would catch on everything, in my opinion they nailed this part of it. the eye piece has a few different locking points for whatever you desire and they lock in solid.

i have since given my zeiss to a neighbor kid who is just getting into the outdoors/hunting and my razors' will also soon find a new home after the local youth gun safety course is completed.

the only thing i could nit-pick would be the rubber cover that goes over the 2 eye pieces doesnt seem to be very snug on mine, it comes off rather easily...but for me this isnt a huge deal as mine will live in a bino harness.

PS: you are correct in that they ship UPS signature required

Scottyboy,

Appreciate the kind words and your initial impressions! Glad they are everything you thought they would be and more. Would love to see some photos or a field report when you get the chance! If there's anything that I can help with, please feel free to shoot me over a message.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.