Tract Toric UHD

Westernhuntr

Has anyone used the new Tract Toric UHD.
I'm looking for a lightweight LR hunting scope that tracks and is repeatable, these scopes seem like they'd check a lot of boxes.

I have a 4-20-50 30 mm uhd that I do like quite a bit. The dials are large but have a good solid feel. I haven't dialed it much and only at 100yds but accurate and reliable with what little I've done. I wouldn't call mine light but they have new models and reticals since mine though. I called before purchasing and one of the owners answered after hours happy to help With any and all questions. They also offered 30 day return if you were unhappy, that made it much easier to purchase being you can't hold it in a store first. Glass and low light are great especially for the price range.

I have one 3-15x42 and one 3-15x50. I've tested tracking and found it to be right on. Clarity is excellent. In my view they compare well to more expensive scopes. The weights are 20 and 22 ounces respectively, which is somewhat heavier than I would like. But the overall package and value are worth a look.

Good to hear
One thing I'm not excited about is the reticles.. hopefully more are offered soon.
Have you had a chance to compare the glass to any other scopes?

I have a couple Swarovski Z3 scopes on hunting rifles (3-10x42 and 4-12x50). I used these to compare with the Torics. To my eye, the Swarovskis have a slight edge in brightness, though clarity is comparable.

I think the Z5 would be the correct model to use for comparison, based on feature set. The Z3s are fixed parallax, while the Z5 is adjustable like the Toric. Comparing the Z5 and Toric, the Z5 wins on weight, Toric wins on price, and you should look through them to see what your eye tells you on glass. Quite close, I think, with a slight edge to Swarovski. Both track reliably.

The ultimate winner comes down to your personal priorities.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.