Tract Toric 2-10x42

Love everything about the tract scopes EXCEPT the weight. They are overly heavy. I won't buy more until they fix this issue.

My 2-10x42 is 18.6oz which is heavier than some comparable scopes. But then everything else that I like about the scope just erased that as a concern of mine. I'll happily live with a few extra oz.'s for all the other features it brings.

My 2-10x42 is 18.6oz which is heavier than some comparable scopes. But then everything else that I like about the scope just erased that as a concern of mine. I'll happily live with a few extra oz.'s for all the other features it brings.

Considering the Nightforce SHV is 20oz for the 3-10, then 18.6oz isnt bad at all. I know the Nightforce is a 30mm tube but I have looked through both and imo the Tract Toric is brighter.

I have been considering this scope lately but the lack of reviews has given me pause.

Has anyone has compared one to a Swarovski 3-10 or something similar?
I haven't looked through a Nightforce 3-10.

I have been considering this scope lately but the lack of reviews has given me pause.

Has anyone has compared one to a Swarovski 3-10 or something similar?
I haven't looked through a Nightforce 3-10.

I can only repeat what I have said previously. I have 2 of the 3-15 Torics and have compared them with a similar Swarvo Z5 and a Zeiss HD5 and a Nightforce SHV 3-10.

The Torics have been used for hunting a lot in all sorts of conditions.

They have a better eye box than the Zeiss and the Swaro and about the equal of the NF - that means that the Toric is very easy to get in behind and to align my eye with the reticle.

The Toric is better than the Zeiss and NF for resolution and brightness and about equal with the Swarvo. The same for light gathering.

I like the Toric T-Plex reticle and it works well. Maybe it could be just slightly thinner but its fine like it is. I've used the reticle out to 600 yards on steel and 450 on deer.

I have never done a tracking test on the Toric but for adjusting the elevation out to 600 yards and for sighting in it has been excellent. On one of my Torics I have an engraved ballistic turret for my 150grn 300saum load and it works a treat.

I gave a Toric a terrible bash when I fell on rocks and the rifle clattered out of my hand. Way worse than any so called "drop test". It lost its zero by about 2" to the right, and once I re-sighted the rifle it was back to its best and Ive had no trouble with it since (see the previous pic).

I think you can buy at least the Toric model with confidence. I would be very happy if they were on all of my 6 rifles that I hunt and range shoot with.

I can only repeat what I have said previously. I have 2 of the 3-15 Torics and have compared them with a similar Swarvo Z5 and a Zeiss HD5 and a Nightforce SHV 3-10.

The Torics have been used for hunting a lot in all sorts of conditions.

They have a better eye box than the Zeiss and the Swaro and about the equal of the NF - that means that the Toric is very easy to get in behind and to align my eye with the reticle.

The Toric is better than the Zeiss and NF for resolution and brightness and about equal with the Swarvo. The same for light gathering.

I like the Toric T-Plex reticle and it works well. Maybe it could be just slightly thinner but its fine like it is. I've used the reticle out to 600 yards on steel and 450 on deer.

I have never done a tracking test on the Toric but for adjusting the elevation out to 600 yards and for sighting in it has been excellent. On one of my Torics I have an engraved ballistic turret for my 150grn 300saum load and it works a treat.

I gave a Toric a terrible bash when I fell on rocks and the rifle clattered out of my hand. Way worse than any so called "drop test". It lost its zero by about 2" to the right, and once I re-sighted the rifle it was back to its best and Ive had no trouble with it since (see the previous pic).

I think you can buy at least the Toric model with confidence. I would be very happy if they were on all of my 6 rifles that I hunt and range shoot with.

Thanks for relating your experience.

I called Tract yesterday and had a conversation with a gentleman named John (if I remember correctly). Very friendly and helpful guy. Their 30 day return policy almost makes it a no lose situation. I'm going to order one and give it a try.

That landscape is gorgeous, btw.

Thanks for relating your experience.

I called Tract yesterday and had a conversation with a gentleman named John (if I remember correctly). Very friendly and helpful guy. Their 30 day return policy almost makes it a no lose situation. I'm going to order one and give it a try.

That landscape is gorgeous, btw.

John is one of the co-owners of Tract! I love when you call a company and get to talk with the owner!

I'm thinking I need to get one and see what the fuss is about. I like high quality optics. It kills you when you are PAYING for them, but then they are a joy for the rest of your life. Worth it. And with the Tract, even the 'paying for it' part isn't quite as bad as some. I appreciate the follow-up on how you are liking it now that you've had some time to use it more.

I'm thinking I need to get one and see what the fuss is about. I like high quality optics. It kills you when you are PAYING for them, but then they are a joy for the rest of your life. Worth it. And with the Tract, even the 'paying for it' part isn't quite as bad as some. I appreciate the follow-up on how you are liking it now that you've had some time to use it more.

I'm quite certain you won't regret it!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.