Townsend Mt

405win

My wife and I are considering making the move to townsend montana. We currently live in NW Montana (Plains) and are looking to reduce the amount of snow I currently have to plow. I've been to Townsend and it seems like a nice place with lots of fishing and hunting available. We've lived in Ennis MT and left partly because of the wind (though I still work there). I know it blows there but is it as bad as Ennis or worse yet, Livingston? Just wanted your thoughts if any if you have ever spent any time there.
Thanks

Townsend is a nice community that has all you need and Helena is right over the hill if you need the amenities of a bigger city. It's not as windy as livingston, but still can get the big winds. Snow doesn't seem to pile up like in some other sw montana cites.

Townsend is a nice community that has all you need and Helena is right over the hill if you need the amenities of a bigger city. It's not as windy as livingston, but still can get the big winds. Snow doesn't seem to pile up like in some other sw montana cites.
Thanks for the reply. If weather allows, we'll head over there this weekend and take a look.

Nice area, spent a fair amount of time their over the years. Can definitely catch the wind from time to time, like about anywhere along the front range. Maybe not quite the weather extremes as further North, but then again, it is Montana.

Come and spend a week here on the HiLine. Wherever you decide to move will be lovely compared to here. All 12 of the trees that exist here are leaning east for a reason.
Only place where windage turrets get more use than elevation turrets :p

Sorry for any spelling errors that may arise in this post, the wind is shaking my house pretty bad...
In all seriousness though, Townsend always seemed to be pretty sheltered in the valley and is a really nice place to be.

Come and spend a week here on the HiLine. Wherever you decide to move will be lovely compared to here. All 12 of the trees that exist here are leaning east for a reason.
Only place where windage turrets get more use than elevation turrets :p

Sorry for any spelling errors that may arise in this post, the wind is shaking my house pretty bad...
In all seriousness though, Townsend always seemed to be pretty sheltered in the valley and is a really nice place to be.
I really appreciate your humor. Been on the hi-line thank you very much, just crossing the state from libby to malta. I think I'll leave that area for you, lol. I actually bought my boat at townsend marine but living there is a lot different than visiting for a day. If we dont get snow here at home on saturday, we're gonna take a quick trip over.
Thanks for the input.

Yep! If there's anything I can live without in MT, it is the windy/gusty conditions.
I agree with you. But plowing a half mile of road to get to the county road isn't fun either. It was when I was young but those days are long gone. In Ennis we had deep drifts. I kept plowing the same snow day after day. How are the drifts in townsend? Thanks for sharing.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts