Visiting MT in June

I don't live there but Wife and I did a ton of research to see as much as we could in Glacier and Yellowstone during our two trips. And still so much more to see. I would check Glacier National Parks website on road closures. I know Going-to-the-Sun Road will most likely still be closed in June. Also with Glacier the earlier in the morning you get there the better. Parking is very limited! If staying in Bozeman for a few days, it is worth driving to Yellowstone through Gardiner. If it's open and you're up to the drive Beartooth Scenic Highway from NE Yellowstone to Red Lodge is a beautiful road trip and several scenic spots to stop. We love Montana, and Wyoming they're absolutely beautiful states. 2nd picture is at Beartooth, I believe at the highest point. Living on the East Coast all my life seeing real Mountains for the first time I was overwhelmed with the beauty and wish we had visited The West sooner than me turning 39View attachment 574382
Thanks Scott, that's ace. We've actually got 3 days south of Bozeman at a ranch on the edge of Yellowstone. Really looking forward to it all!

For trail shoes you could look at Sportsman Warehouse and REI which is right next door. Don't know if they have any but the TOPO brand is incredible! Anymore I buy them on line, they discontinued the model I use but I know my size so I bought a couple extra pairs.

REI has the biggest selection and an incredible staff!

Ted's Montana Grill (downtown Boze) is a good place to grab a steak as is the Mint in Belgrade (just down the road from Boze). Willow Creek Cafe in Willow Creek (just south of Three Forks) has the best ribs going.

I've lived here 45 years, even though it's grown tons I can't imagine living anywhere else:)

For trail shoes you could look at Sportsman Warehouse and REI which is right next door. Don't know if they have any but the TOPO brand is incredible! Anymore I buy them on line, they discontinued the model I use but I know my size so I bought a couple extra pairs.

Ted's Montana Grill (downtown Boze) is a good place to grab a steak as is the Mint in Belgrade (just down the road from Boze). Willow Creek Cafe in Willow Creek (just south of Three Forks) has the best ribs going.

I've lived here 45 years, even though it's grown tons I can't imagine living anywhere else:)
That's great info.. always on the lookout for good feeders for the trip too!!

We're planning on going to the rodeo.. looking forward to that.. good idea,

I'm guessing you're into fly fishing, if you're into hiking as well you could make a run at catching a Golden Trout:)

Yeah.. I mean I'm probably more into hunting/shooting/long range, but have always fished and do enjoy it.. I did think about floating the idea of a MT honeymoon in elk season, but think I may have had a little more resistance!! 😂😂

Yeah.. I mean I'm probably more into hunting/shooting/long range, but have always fished and do enjoy it.. I did think about floating the idea of a MT honeymoon in elk season, but think I may have had a little more resistance!! 😂😂
Nothing says "I love you" quite like "Honey, can you pack that quarter for me? Yes, I know the snow is up to your knees but it's not so bad?" 🤣🤣🤣

Will you have time to fish?
Nelson's, Armstrong & DePuy's Spring Ccreeks are world class
You would need to book time/permits…George Anderson's Yellowstone Angler can get you fixed up if anything is available while you are there.

Will you have time to fish?
Nelson's, Armstrong & DePuy's Spring Ccreeks are world class
You would need to book time/permits…George Anderson's Yellowstone Angler can get you fixed up if anything is available while you are there.
I wonder how far out they're booked up though?

Recent Posts