D-DAY JUNE 6, 1944

My deepest condolences to all that have felt the loss of someone who fought for our freedom, our Constitution, and our right to be free. We can never truly thank someone who gave the ultimate sacrifice on our behalf. What we can do, IS NEVER FORGET NOR ALLOW THEIR MEMORY BE SOILED BY POLITICS!

What has happened to our society that doesn't respect the military sacrifices our parents and family made in these military conflicts?

It makes no sense to me. I must just be old.
No your one that we can stand with and beside to draw THAT LINE IN THE SAND THAT (IS)(NOT) to be cross for or by anyone..no shades of gray,,right is right and stand firm on wrong is wrong what a gray swirled WORLD THAT WE HAVE to stand firmer and firmer as our values slip away........

I was "lucky" for Viet Nam. I was in first draft and in college at time. My draft number was pretty high in 200's so not even close to the draft call up. Had several friends that were not so lucky and one didn't return. Former boss had PTSD extremely bad and went "off the reservation" while on business trip with me in Europe. I got up close view of this terrible affliction from Nam and can tell you if you have not had close personal contact with someone with it, its impossible to understand their personal battles. Viet Nam veterans have not received their justice as veterans that fought for our country. I pray someday they will truly be received as American heroes!

One day I'll get to Juno Beach. My Grandfather served in Europe. Fortunately he came home. Unfortunately I never had a chance to meet him. He was shunned from the family due to what we now call PTSD. I spent my last five years of my 31 years of service treating fellow soldiers, sailors, and air personnel who were battling their own demons of war. War is hell and freedom is not free. I often think of my grandfather and a good many of my patients; mostly the ones I served with in some pretty shi$$y places.
I don't share this for me. I share this for them so we never forget.