too many separate operations...looking for an accurate turret press. Is there any such thing? Opinions please.

You can also use the Hornady lock in load powder die instead of a powder measure to drop powder with an rcbs chargmaster or similar (on the Dillon)

Beluebow, Get your Area 419 out of box, you will love it. I sold some rifles and had some mad money burning a hole in my pocket so I bought one. I enjoy reloading, the machining and tight tolerances are amazing.

Beluebow, Get your Area 419 out of box, you will love it. I sold some rifles and had some mad money burning a hole in my pocket so I bought one. I enjoy reloading, the machining and tight tolerances are amazing.

Looking forward to it.....I'm in between moving from my little room in the house to my shop.

The only complaint I have about my T7 is there is some play in the turret head. I find some inconsistencies in seating depth when using it.

I've seen it and I watched Gavin at UR demo it. Die to the design I don't see how the replacement head is going to help with the inherent tilt that the head will have. I just don't see a way around it.

Here is another option, so you are loading on the XL650 why not just have a head for brass prep? I am looking at doing the same thing for my XL750. I will tumble the brass then anneal. Them the stations will be set up as follows.

Brass prep head:
1. Sizing/decaping
2. Swaging
3. Empty
4. Trimming (I'm trying to figure out how to use the lee trimmer since the Dillon is so expensive)
5. Empty.

More wet tumbling will occur after brass prep.

Loading head:
1. Neck mandrill (instead of sizing)
2. Prime/charge with powder.
3. Bullet feeder
4. Seating
5. Crimping

If I am not crimping or decide I want a powder check I'll advancing seating and the bullet feeder to stations 4,5 and maybe combine seating/crimping.
now that's thinking outside the box. I'd never thought of that

I've seen it and I watched Gavin at UR demo it. Die to the design I don't see how the replacement head is going to help with the inherent tilt that the head will have. I just don't see a way around it.
You can hand sand down your center bushing on a flat stone 0.001 at a time until it doesn't tilt.

Do you torque the head down to 45 lb-ft? That's almost 7k# of clamping pressure, if it's moving a measurable 0.001" I'd call Redding. There's nothing we should be able to pull on the arm that moves the head that far out of place with the screw they use through the middle of the head.

I don't think I'll stop seating with an arbor though. T-7 should bare minimum be at least accurate enough for sizing operations IMO.

You can hand sand down your center bushing on a flat stone 0.001 at a time until it doesn't tilt.
Fair point, I was assuming he'd already done that and maybe the lower part was out of spec.

Do you torque the head down to 45 lb-ft? That's almost 7k# of clamping pressure, if it's moving a measurable 0.001" I'd call Redding. There's nothing we should be able to pull on the arm that moves the head out of place with the screw they use through the middle of the head.

I don't think I'll stop seating with an arbor though. T-7 should bare minimum be at least accurate enough for sizing operations IMO.
Agreed. T7's can make high quality ammo