too many separate operations...looking for an accurate turret press. Is there any such thing? Opinions please.

Shawn Carverelli

our family currently have a dillon 650xl progressive and a rcbs single stage lil partner press. With the added operations of full length S die, then inserting the mandrel to set neck tension, then powder drop bullet seating and crimp with a Lee FCD.. I'm thinking hard about a rcbs T-7 turret press. With this add inaccuracy to my reloads?
Maybe a different turret press? Just trying to save time

I'm been very happy with my Redding T7. I get great accurate reloads from it.

I have used it as a semi progressive experimenting when I took my ball expander ball out and used my mandrel, just manually rotated and worked fine.

Just do the Forester Coax and don't look back, what happens when you have more than 7 operations for the T7? The dies on the Coax are quick change and floating so you get the best of both worlds, plus no shellholders seems to add accuracy IMO.
I had the same idea and ran out of slots on my Lyman. Also the head does flex a little. The coax is so much faster to change and way more accurate. I keep the American 8 for my niche calibers like 44mag and 30-30

Attachments

• IMG_20220207_175344605.jpg
    IMG_20220207_175344605.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 135
Agree T-7 for a turret IMO.

I use the Inline Fab quick change plates, easier to keep the work surface clear for using a gun vise or other things. They have plates for Dillon 650s and the T-7.

what happens when you have more than 7 operations for the T7?
Get another head, you can swap in and out the same way you can change heads on the 650.

Last edited:
Agree T-7 for a turret IMO.

I use the Inline Fab quick change plates, easier to keep the work surface clear for using a gun vise or other things. They have plates for Dillon 650s and the T-7.

Get another head, you can swap in and out the same way you can change heads on the 650.
just dropped the $$$ for the T7. Good ole Midway.
I got to get some ammo loaded up just in case the Roosians blitz thru Ukraine and stumble into the USA 😁

$379 T7 is definitely a nice press. The Lyman All American 8 hole right there with it for less..$219 I have the Lyman, and had the T mag.... waaaaay better press. The priming system is a bit loose, but I don't use it. You can get extra turret heads.

Last edited: