Today's Ram Hunt

Guy M

With a camera!

I've not yet drawn a permit to hunt these guys. They live only a few miles from my home here in Chelan County, Washington. My wife is uncommonly good at spotting wildlife, and I closed in on foot for a few photos:

L5Gaxdph.jpg

ne3k05yh.jpg

KjBU3ENh.jpg

I may never draw that "once in a lifetime" tag, but if I do, I'm pretty sure the ol' 30-06 and I could manage just fine.

Regards, Guy

Beautiful. We have friends in Oroville, last summer when visiting, I counted 35 sheep across the valley from his front porch. Incredible animals.

Hope you can draw the tag someday. I also live in Washington and have never missed a year of applying since I was 18. At 63 I doubt it will ever happen. Thanks for sharing !

Found the sheep again this morning, after a chukar hunt with my new dog:

Love is in the air, and their normal caution was largely disregarded as I approached, concealed myself among some boulders, and shot photos with my Olympus camera:

ILlBrpvh.jpg

T4UxBith.jpg

ANseKmhh.jpg

TZI5tSAh.jpg

Not sure I even care if I actually draw a tag for bighorns anymore. I dearly love just watching them and occasionally photographing them. :)

Guy

Found the sheep again this morning, after a chukar hunt with my new dog:

Love is in the air, and their normal caution was largely disregarded as I approached, concealed myself among some boulders, and shot photos with my Olympus camera:

ILlBrpvh.jpg

T4UxBith.jpg

ANseKmhh.jpg

TZI5tSAh.jpg

Not sure I even care if I actually draw a tag for bighorns anymore. I dearly love just watching them and occasionally photographing them. :)

Guy
Great photos! I too love to watch them but there is not anything like holding a ram in your lap ! Thank you for sharing these moments with us.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.