Tikka / Zeiss eye relief problem

dkwellman

I have Tikka Tx3 with Zeiss 3-12x56 scope, Mountain Tactical Raptor mount. I need to move the scope at least an inch closer to my eye, too much eye relief & no more room on the scope tube. Help?

I had a zeiss on a 15" LOP tikka in Hawkins hybrid rings...Zero issues with that eye box, even with that big LOP

Last edited by a moderator:
Tikka's scope base spacing is similar to a long action. Because of this, the available mounting space on the tube of the scope will have a say in just how far back you can move the scope toward your eye before the bell housing hits the ring. The 56mm objective is limiting you.

Your options are to get a scope with a longer mounting surface on the tube, or get a mounting option that allows you to move the scope (up and back toward you). I'm not familiar with the Mountain Raptor Tactical mount, but on my Tikkas, one sports a picatinny rail so I can move the rings closer to me, and the other has a scope with a really long tube that sits in Talley one piece rings/bases.

Hope this helps.

Edit... after looking at your mount, you'd have to raise it up some how to slide it back toward you. Mounts are cheaper than new scopes.

Last edited:
Tikka's scope base spacing is similar to a long action. Because of this, the available mounting space on the tube of the scope will have a say in just how far back you can move the scope toward your eye before the bell housing hits the ring. The 56mm objective is limiting you.

Your options are to get a scope with a longer mounting surface on the tube, or get a mounting option that allows you to move the scope (up and back toward you). I'm not familiar with the Mountain Raptor Tactical mount, but on my Tikkas, one sports a picatinny rail so I can move the rings closer to me, and the other has a scope with a really long tube that sits in Talley one piece rings/bases.

Hope this helps.

Edit... after looking at your mount, you'd have to raise it up some how to slide it back toward you. Mounts are cheaper than new scopes.
Thanks, I think my only option is a pic rail & new rings.

Ok. Will do. You are limited on the front ring with the recoil lug placement
I have a tikka, I also have the same scope body mounted on one...have one for sale even, check the pics, and notice hoeuch room is left on the tube to move that scope further aft