Tikka t3x roughtech vs savage 110 ultralight vs christensen ridge line vs bergara b 14

SamuelBerryhill308

I would like to know what are the good the bad and th ugly or theses rifles I own a rifle in savage and christensen but never a tikka.i hear nothing but praise about them and alot of hate towards christensen arms and some don't like savage rifles but I'm wondering how do these compare to each other I'm not going to say what caliber just the rifles them selfs and accuracy and functionality of each.i know for my self my savage is very accurate but I really don't like any savage safety,slide extractor or the bottom bolt release and the mag could be better but the accuracy over weighs that. As far as my christensen it shoots great but the action is sloppy for what you would pay for one besides that I really like christensen rifles at least the ones I've shot.as far as tikka gos I've heard alot of good about them but I worry about the extractor breaking or coming out also have heard they can be hard to load for and the back of the bolts breaking were the bolt slides in and the slow twist rate for heavies as for the bergara I've never shot one but I've heard there barrels are good and actions are good but I've hear of there extractors braking and the bolt shroud braking off and fit and finish isn't good.so what are the pros and cons and if you've had experience with these please share your input thanks

My rifles are Savage & Ruger.
Well, add in a Weatherby Mark V.
I've shot & handled some Tikka's.
Trying to compare a Savage to a Tikka is a hard compare.
Accuracy wise, both will shoot!
But that's as far as the simularities go.
Build quality definitely goes to Tikka!
As does smoothness of running the action.
I guess it boils down to this.
Out of the box, Tikka's are really nice rifles that you don't have or want to do many modifications to.
Savage is a more rough building block.

I have owned Winchesters, Remingtons ,savage, and Tikka. I have been behind a few Burgara's, I have a buddy who has a Christiansen,with my views on all of these I would purchase a Tikka to build off of or better yet start with a custom action that you can buy pre-fit barrels! But yes, you can also purchase prefits barrels for a tikka actions as well!

For an off-the-shelf mid price production rifle the Tikka is tough to beat. Slick action. Easy to clean barrel (supposedly they are from the same production runs as their upscale Sako).
I have owned two Tikkas. A 300 WM and a 7mm-08 (now my granddaughter's). Been looking at getting another one in either 6.5 CM, 308 or 30-06.
I have owned several Savages and I think any can be made to shoot well.
Own and have owned several Kimbers…243, 308, 375 H&H and they were all excellent shooters the first 3 rounds.
Howa, Vanguard and they shot well.
A Sako 375 H&H and it shot well.
Several Remingtons, Winchesters, MRCs, CZs, etc are also in my stock pile and they all shoot well for a given purpose.
I am of the belief that the gun needs to fit the shooter's purpose and feel right in his hands. Then if you get it to shoot where you want it to, it's the right one for you. If your Savage and Christiansen Arms work for you, then they are perfect. Rifle envy is always an issue! JMO

I own a couple Tikkas and Bergara Wilderness Ridge. Along with a mix of Weatherbys, Rugers, Winchesters, Brownings and Savages. I personally feel that my Roughtech is one of the nicest rifle I own. The action is smooth. The trigger is good and it's sub MOA. If they made a Tikka in 300 PRC I probably wouldn't own the Begara. That being said so far it's been a solid rifle. It's pretty smooth. The trigger is good and with 212 ELDX is sub MOA. I've stayed away from the Christiansans because of hearing how hit and miss they are from sources I really trust. I had a LGS the other day that sells a lot of them tell me one will shoot 1/2 moa and the next might shoot 1/2 foot

I have a Tikka T3 223 and it shoots really really well and just last month I helped a friend sight in his Tikka 6.5 Creed and it was spot on right out of the box, but with that said I did have to replace the bolt shroud on mine $45.00 for a metal one from Midway USA. To be honest I haven't heard anyone regret buying a Tikka me included.

I have 3 Tikka's, 1 Christiansen Ridgeline, and sold my Savage Ultralight. I love my Ridgeline but, for the money, Tikka all the way. Each Tikka I have was easy to load for and I get 1/2 moa or better. The Ridgeline I can only get down to 3/4 moa for twice, almost 3 times, the price. I cannot get on board with Savage, the action felt like sand paper compaired to everything else and it only got 1 moa

I've never owned a Browning or Begara. I own or have owned Remington's, Winchester's, Ruger's, Savage, C.A. Ridgeline, Weatherby Vanguard's , Sako's and Tikka. I like The Ridgeline 6.5 PRC a lot, have always liked my Remington M700's and Ruger M77's. I can only think of one Win. M70 I've had. Was a 243. It was a shooter. Given to me. I have two Sako's. Both Shooters. Still have one Weatherby Vanguard 300 win mag. It's a shooter. Had a Savage 110 300 Win mag. It's was ok. Sold it . The Tikka I have is a 6.5 Creed T3 Lite. I like the rifle very much a nice smooth action. I put a Bell and Carlson stock on it. Bottom metal, metal bolt shroud and different trigger spring. It a shooter. I hadn't shot it since 2018. I used it last week to shoot a whitetail doe. It was then I realized that I missed that little light weight , light recoiling rifle 😉

I have 3 Tikka's, 1 Christiansen Ridgeline, and sold my Savage Ultralight. I love my Ridgeline but, for the money, Tikka all the way. Each Tikka I have was easy to load for and I get 1/2 moa or better. The Ridgeline I can only get down to 3/4 moa for twice, almost 3 times, the price. I cannot get on board with Savage, the action felt like sand paper compaired to everything else and it only got 1 moa
👍🏼

I was looking for a somewhat light do it all rifle last summer and bought the Tikka with the camo stock. Didn't care about the camo but I wanted the threaded barrel.
The savage ultralight was tempting but the action wasn't as smooth and the mags seem cheap.
CA rifles seem to be hit or miss and I didn't want to mess with a bad one.
Bergara was too heavy for their threaded options in the price range I was shopping in.

I've been very happy with the Tikka. Tried 4 different factory loads and all were sub moa.

My brother bought the same rifle in a different caliber and it's a shooter as well.