Tikka T3x Recoil - Suitable for Youth?

THANKS for all the great replies and information! I put the word out locally I was looking for something last week and got a deal I couldn't pass up over the weekend from a buddy's buddy. I got a NIB .243 win Rem Model 7 with the HS Precision Stock (85968) for $600. It only has a 20" barrel but will be perfect for my 10 year old daughter to cut her teeth on. Lots of great suggestions and discussion in the posts above. Now I just need to try to find some in stock ammo for it and a base and set of rings.

That's a nice deal. Now time to go shoot it and have some fun with your daughter.

Stay safe

Thanks all. Appreciate all the kind comments. I can tell there's lot of dads on here as well.

I think this is a great thread for all, given that the new recoil pads are a gamechanger for anybody wanting to tame what they dread. There is absolutely no reason to have a hard pad on any rifle and even a stock Tikka T3 Lite, came with a horridly hard pad, easily cured by a custom fit Limbsaver.

I think this is a great thread for all, given that the new recoil pads are a gamechanger for anybody wanting to tame what they dread. There is absolutely no reason to have a hard pad on any rifle and even a stock Tikka T3 Lite, came with a horridly hard pad, easily cured by a custom fit Limbsaver.

I bought a braked 270 WSM Tikka T3x Lite off of the classifieds here for my daughter who's about the same age as yours. With the brake, reduced recoil 110gr Barnes TTSX loads, and the air gel Limbsaver pad, felt recoil is less than the pre-'64 M70 Featherweight .243 Win I inherited from my grandmother. Plus, the rifle is lighter than the M70.

Changing the pad was easy: $30 on Amazon and 5-10 minutes of using a screwdriver.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.