Tikka T3x CTR 308 anybody use one?

Huntz

I am looking for comments from folks who have used them.How accurate are they?How do they balance.Does the magazine function as it should?Any observations or comments would be appreciated.Huntz

I picked one up on here used. Shot factory 168 Federal GMM ammo. Feeds great. Really Good trigger, balance on mine is just ok. I have an NXS 5.5-22 on it, so it's a touch top heavy and the pic rail that mine came with doesn't lock up super tight on my Atlas bipod. (Aftermarket deal). Plastic stock doesn't feel great when compared to my Full custom stuff, and is about 1.5" too short for me(I'm 6'4 and long-armed)....but the darn thing makes me rethink why I go to all the trouble I do reloading. It'll cloverleaf for 10 shots(weird clover) and is definitely a pleasure. It's the only rifle I shoot frequently that shoots factory ammo and I'm reaching for it more and more. 20" bbl is pretty handy and will make a great short range hunting rifle. Comes factory threaded. All in all, it's a really nice little weapon. Took a couple friends out with it and had em smashing MOA sized rocks with regularity at 500 after bore sighting, establishing zero and guesstimating velocity. Dont think you can go wrong depending on your intentions.

I have two one in 308 and one in 6.5 and they just shoot. Makes me wonder why I build anything. They are a little on the heavy side for hunting. I hunted with the 308 last year. I run them suppressed also. I also cut the Creed to 17 inches for portability with the can on it. They are smooth as butter to bolt. i also switched the 308 to take AICS mags also oh ya and a timney two stage

Another note on the ctr, anyone know why the front pic rail screw is there? Guy I met at the range was having some consistency issues with his. I took his scope off, and saw the front screw in the rail was pushing against the receiver (noticeably) which was not tapped for the screw. Noticed mine didn't have the screw and also was not tapped in the receiver. I pulled the screw, re-torqued and properly remounted everything. His also shot well afterward, but I was perplexed about the whole thing...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.