Tikka t3 super lite. Where can I find it?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by tdluke90, Dec 1, 2013.

1. tdluke90

tdluke90 New Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I live in ft lauderdale fl and am trying to find a tikka t3 lite with the fluted barrel that weighs 5.8 lbs. Some people call them the super lite but I can't find it on the tikka website. On the tikka website they only have the hunter with a fluted barrel. I heard they were a special for cabelas and sportsmans warehouse but I can't find them on their website. I've been reading on threads where people bought them but I can't find one listed for sale that says it weighs 5.8 lbs. I would prefer stainless with camo or black in a 30-06 round. Any help would be appreciated.

2. minute of elk

minute of elk Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Sportsmans warehouse....
  3. lewwetzel

lewwetzel Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, Cabela's does sell the camo/stainless fluted Superlite, and in .30-06; I've actually handled one (a .22-250) at a store. You kind of have to sort through Cabela's (full) website; click "shooting" then "centerfire rifles". Not available online.
    Be very careful if your local Cabela's doesn't have the rifle in their store. I just went through an unpleasant experience that could have gotten my butt in trouble due to a misunderstanding between different Cabela's stores and their salespeople regarding shipping guns between stores. This is what I found (for now) is their official policy: 1.They will ship a gun from another if it's not in stock where you are; it shouldn't take more than a few days. Don't let an aggressive or ignorant salesperson try to tell you otherwise. 2. You can usually - now that the worst of panic buying has subsided for now - buy a gun at any Cabela's that has what you want over the phone (Fed background check and credit card number, of course), and have it shipped to your local store for a minimum charge (I paid $20.) 3. Get anything you can in writing. This is a big outfit and they can get their wires crossed, whether well-meant or through incompetence.
    Also, fwiw: My area Cabela's flyers (Wheeling, Charleston WV and Cols., OH) are showing the Superlite on sale $100 off through Dec. 4th!
  4. stater61

stater61 Active Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Sportsman's Warehouse in Farmington,NM had one the other day. No idea if it's still there. They can probably ship it, worth a call.