Tikka T3 Light Ammo

Did you get a pass throw with it? I hunt Florida an I hunt about 22' up a tree. It's thick here, need pass throw. I shot a buck at 50 yards with hornady SST superformance 95 gr. no pass throw went 12 yards no blood took me 3hr to find him. I walked by him at lest 5 times. Bullet just under the Hide long story short. I was hold my gun the wrong way when i shot, hit my eye and did't see where he want. Me Bad.
One of the guys i hunt with uses 243 with hornady SSTs 95 gr. Most of the whitetail and mule deer he shoots with it gets a pass through with the bullet. Perhaps it is the angle you impact at getting thicker body to begin with rather than the thin hide on the ribs like we get...
great gun.

Not factory packaged ammo, but you could get a local 06 ffl to make you some custom loads with the 87 Hornady hpbt. It is a hard hollow point, not a target bullet. My first-year-hunting son killed six game animals in six shots with that bullet from a 243. It shoots well in a tikka t3 lite, as well as his rem 700 and a win 70 push feed. I also use the 90 gr Ballistic Tip in the tikka which is devastating on marmots and also good on big game. The 105 amax is super soft but will enter ribs on broadside shots; one must be picky when hunting game with that bullet which rules it out for most hunters.
Most of my shots are neck shots. I missed 2 really nice bucks this year at under 100 yards. so this year, I'm lung shooting. Guess I'm getting old an my eyes are going. I'll give it a try. thanks Bill

You can ask the question by all means, but just because a particular brand of ammo shoots well in one person's rifle doesn't necessarily mean it will shoot well in yours. Same goes for handloads and bullet/powder combos. Every rifle is unique in that regard.
Correct +1

Did you get a pass throw with it? I hunt Florida an I hunt about 22' up a tree. It's thick here, need pass throw. I shot a buck at 50 yards with hornady SST superformance 95 gr. no pass throw went 12 yards no blood took me 3hr to find him. I walked by him at lest 5 times. Bullet just under the Hide long story short. I was hold my gun the wrong way when i shot, hit my eye and did't see where he want. Me Bad.
Yes, the bullet exited.

I used to reload Hornady 100gr. Boat tail spire points for a Remington 600 Mohawk. Gave that rifle to my son-in-law due to him having shoulder and neck surgery he needed something light to be able to hunt. It was a whitetail killing combo and the accuracy was good out of that little short barreled rifle. Never had deer make it past 15yds.

Federal blue box ammo 100 grain, it's my baseline ammo for 243 Tikkas when working up new loads in over a dozen Tikka T series rifles it has worked well.The Sierra bullets have shot well in every Tikka I have loaded for just my observations.

What's wrong with the factory 80 gr Barnes bullets that shoot "pretty good" in your rifle?
If you need pass-throughs, you should get that ever time on Florida whitetails.
They shoot about 1/2 group at 100 Y. not bad but my 220 Swift M77 Ruger, Shoots 1/4 groups at 100 Y. With Remington 50 GR. S-Points. Sometimes, I can cut one Hole 3 shot Group. Just looking to improve. Your right ! The Barnes do shoot Good!! Thanks Bill