Tikka T3 Light Ammo

My tikka 243 shot ppu 90gr best but that doesn't mean yours will. Also some of the 100gr factory ammo will be jammed in the lands until about 4-500 rounds when the throat wears. Your best bet is to buy several different boxes of ammo shoot them all and see what performs best.
You know I shoot PPU 55 gr in my Howa 22-250 and it's a Tack Driver with them. It just burns Dirty.

Any Hornady. Buy 2 boxes of their premium ammo, NOT the solid copper. ELDX or Sierra Gamekings. If these don't shoot around an inch in a TIKKA you need to sell it and move on, take up golf. IMO

No need to buy all that ammo unless you're rich.

I totally understand where you are coming from. It's a good idea to determine what has worked for others in a particular rifle before going out and paying 40-50 bux per box for something that isn't going to shoot well. Only to be left with 14-16 rounds of ammo leftover sitting on a shelf. I have many boxes of "inaccurate" ammo myself. Lol
Why don't you use your 50 bucks "leftover" ammo to practice your shooting form, trigger control, etc? It may not be the most accurate, but practice is practice to get a feel for your rifle and become more comfortable shooting it.

Any Hornady. Buy 2 boxes of their premium ammo, NOT the solid copper. ELDX or Sierra Gamekings. If these don't shoot around an inch in a TIKKA you need to sell it and move on, take up golf. IMO

No need to buy all that ammo unless you're rich.
No Golf or Tennis for me !! I'll just go Hog Hunting !!

I would select the AMMO that you are shooting, 80 gr. Barnes should be a killing machine. If Federal AMMO comes with the Ascent or the Trophy Bonded Tip . They would be my first choice.
Yea, I love the Federal premium 115 gr. partition in my 25-06, they really shoot great. I like Bonded or Partition bullets to deer hunt with.

You know I shoot PPU 55 gr in my Howa 22-250 and it's a Tack Driver with them. It just burns Dirty.

It's always nice when your rifle shoots cheap ammo well!
I still have a lot of the 100gr SP monarch ammo left. It was $11/box and I've killed all kinds of critters with it out to 500 yards from my 16" rig.

These little guns are great. I bought mine for the kids and my buddy likes it so much he borrows it for his son too. Drops whitetails like turning off their switch. Barnes VorTX for me!

When my Tikka was chambered in 243 (it's a 6.5 Creed now) it loved Winchester 95gr Ballistic Silvertip ammo. Worked great on pronghorn
I've had great luck with the Winchester Ballistic Silver Tip ammo in 95gn also. Consistent 3/4" groups at 100 yards are the norm. But the ammo is pretty pricey. Around $43.99 the last time I bought a box of 20.

Not factory packaged ammo, but you could get a local 06 ffl to make you some custom loads with the 87 Hornady hpbt. It is a hard hollow point, not a target bullet. My first-year-hunting son killed six game animals in six shots with that bullet from a 243. It shoots well in a tikka t3 lite, as well as his rem 700 and a win 70 push feed. I also use the 90 gr Ballistic Tip in the tikka which is devastating on marmots and also good on big game. The 105 amax is super soft but will enter ribs on broadside shots; one must be picky when hunting game with that bullet which rules it out for most hunters.

When my Tikka was chambered in 243 (it's a 6.5 Creed now) it loved Winchester 95gr Ballistic Silvertip ammo. Worked great on pronghorn
Did you get a pass throw with it? I hunt Florida an I hunt about 22' up a tree. It's thick here, need pass throw. I shot a buck at 50 yards with hornady SST superformance 95 gr. no pass throw went 12 yards no blood took me 3hr to find him. I walked by him at lest 5 times. Bullet just under the Hide long story short. I was hold my gun the wrong way when i shot, hit my eye and did't see where he want. Me Bad.

Recent Posts