Tikka T3 Light Ammo

billflangjr813

What factory ammo are you shooting for the best groups in a Tikka T3 light 243 at 100 yards ? Florida Hunter , Please Help !!

Last edited:
What factory ammo are you shooting for the best groups in a Tikka T3 light at 100 yards ? Florida Hunter , Please Help !!
You can ask the question by all means, but just because a particular brand of ammo shoots well in one person's rifle doesn't necessarily mean it will shoot well in yours. Same goes for handloads and bullet/powder combos. Every rifle is unique in that regard.

I totally understand where you are coming from. It's a good idea to determine what has worked for others in a particular rifle before going out and paying 40-50 bux per box for something that isn't going to shoot well. Only to be left with 14-16 rounds of ammo leftover sitting on a shelf. I have many boxes of "inaccurate" ammo myself. Lol

My tikka 243 shot ppu 90gr best but that doesn't mean yours will. Also some of the 100gr factory ammo will be jammed in the lands until about 4-500 rounds when the throat wears. Your best bet is to buy several different boxes of ammo shoot them all and see what performs best.

I totally understand where you are coming from. It's a good idea to determine what has worked for others in a particular rifle before going out and paying 40-50 bux per box for something that isn't going to shoot well. Only to be left with 14-16 rounds of ammo leftover sitting on a shelf. I have many boxes of "inaccurate" ammo myself. Lol
Yea been shooting different brands of factory ammo in it. It shoot all of it pretty good. Just a waist of money. I have owned this gun for a long time and never really hunted with it until last year. Put a new scope on it 4x16x44 30mm where I can see a little better.