Tikka T3 action

DMack

I have a TIkka T3 chambered in 300WSM. Can I take the barrel off and put a 7 PRC barrel on and use the long action magazine?

I can't see where there is a short or long action with the T3.

Thanks

You sure can! I did just that. Put a 7prc proof barrel on a 300 WM tikka action and had planned on doing it with a 300WSM action. You will just need a Winchester magnum magazine and a longer bolt stop for the longer cartridge and you are GTGđź‘Ť. All t3/t3x are the same length. Only thing that changes action wise is the bolt stop, magazine size, and bolt size(cartridge).

I have a TIkka T3 chambered in 300WSM. Can I take the barrel off and put a 7 PRC barrel on and use the long action magazine?

I can't see where there is a short or long action with the T3.

Thanks
Here's the bolt stop:

There are some aftermarket magazine options that may improve the experience:
or

I really like this bolt stop. And they have some really good shrouds and other parts for Tikkas.

This is the same magazine as the top one above for less. They also have a 5 round that is the same and they both have a little better COAL than the factory mags.

They also have metal trigger guards at Lumley.

These are all the parts I used and researched. Had tried to go through JA outdoors and they wouldn't give me the time of day so I found better products or the same for cheaper through the two I showed.

Tikka short and long actions are determined by the bolt stop and the magazines you use. The actions themselves are all the same.

You can get a long action bolt stop or file yours to match one