Tikka problem anyone ever see this

Yep. That bolt handle sliding into a dovetail in the bolt body with such a small amount of metal remaining on the back "ring" is a weak point in their design- esp for magnums.

Dunno, might be worth a shot to try to tig that back in place since it's shot anyway- and while I was at it I'd run a bead along the bottom of the bolt handle to the bolt body to strengthen that joint. That way all the load won't be transferred to the dovetail and minimize the risk of it breaking off again.
To the OP,.. THIS above. ^^^^ IS an idea that, looks like it, would, PROBABLY, "Work" great, IMO
IF, you don't want to, "Gamble" the $40- $50 to Ship the Gun back to the Factory,..
You might Call,.. Accu-Tig.com ( 907 ) 457-4259 Daniel Armstrong. He Tig Welds, Bolt Handles on,.. for a Living !
And I'd weld ( run a Bead along the Bottom of the Bolt Handle ) like this guy above, says in his Post to, make it,.. STRONGER.
Daniel Armstrong, comes Highly recommend by, the Guys on, Accurate Shooter for, "Re-Timing" Bolt Handles, on Rem 700's.
Good luck !

Last edited:
Happened to my t3 6.5x55, my falt. But like yours Berreta will be no help,
My redneck solution is to swap out the bolt from my 06 or 338Fed T3s. As luck would have it they all three headspace the same.
I really like the T3 but from dealing with Berreta there will be no more for me!

Weld it! What have you got to lose? The bolt body is useless as is. A piece of scrap metal.

If you weld it, let us know if welding restored your bolt to use, or not.

Last edited:
So far what I have seen here and other sites reported about Beretta and subsidiaries customer service, pushed me away from any new acquisitions. ( I own a benenlli shis is owned by Beretta)

I agree with all Beretta USA customer service complaints. I have 2 over/unders that had issues and all I received from Beretta was regret that I bought them. There have been many complaints on Trapshooter website about poor service and very poor barrel regulation, both of which I can confirm.

That said, I love my 2 Tikkas and just pray that I never have to deal with Beretta USA ever again.

I agree with all Beretta USA customer service complaints. I have 2 over/unders that had issues and all I received from Beretta was regret that I bought them. There have been many complaints on Trapshooter website about poor service and very poor barrel regulation, both of which I can confirm.

That said, I love my 2 Tikkas and just pray that I never have to deal with Beretta USA ever again.
Yeah, I love my Benelli, but I dont want to push my luck

Wow! This really makes you think. The fastest way to become irrelevant in the firearms business is to not stand behind your products. Fair or unfair all it takes is horrible customer service to turn people away from considering your rifles or other products. Sorry to hear this. Another rifle manufacturer has joined my do not buy list.