Anyone ever thought of this?

I am quite happy with 1inch @300 its the 1 inch @ 100 that bugs me.I can impress people with it till I shoot 100 yards then i blend in with the rest..very aggravating.

Dang, if the rifle will consistently shoot 1" groups at 300 yds, let me know what caliber it is and I'll probably be happy to purchase it, thus relieving you of the aggravation.

Seriously, if it's a 1/3 moa shooter at 300 yds, all that rifle needs is shot. gun) gun)

Ha. I already own two in 7mm Rem Mag. They both shoot well also, but not quite as accurately as yours.

I like the rifle too much to sell it. but you can purchase a tikka T3 yourself for around 500 dollars.

I think that Phorwath and I and others are saying that you have an exceptional rifle, and changing it may not be in your best interest. If I were you I would get another Tikka and try it on that one. I think there is a pretty good path beaten around that bush. I just couldn't stay ambiguous any longer.

Steve

I agree it shoots well, however the 1 inch at 100 baffles me. and I do not ever accept that out of a gun, this is the exception, normally a rilfe gets worse. I understand what you all are saying. I probably wont do anything to it but WHY does it do that? none of my other guns do that.

I agree it shoots well, however the 1 inch at 100 baffles me. and I do not ever accept that out of a gun, this is the exception, normally a rilfe gets worse. I understand what you all are saying. I probably wont do anything to it but WHY does it do that? none of my other guns do that.

It could be an anomilly in the scope that you are getting some paralax at 100 yards, and this is causing the close range group to open a bit. where the 300 yards has the proper paralax adjustment. So in reality it could be a function of the optics. not that it is I'm just sayin':rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.