TIKKA MASTER CONTINENTAL 1/4moa

big 10x

FYI: Everyone loves to hear when something works well. well..I have one in a 17 rem. I love it! short but proper break-in, clean btwn first 10 rounds. And it shot 1/4 in groups out of the box! I hand load 25 gr hornady hp's to 4,200 fps. I had them up to 4,400 fps but at 388,000 rpm they came apart at 40-60 yds. That was not possible by the way without plate plus " from sprinco!!!!
I lubed the barrel and the bullets! They were zipping so fast! I would have had a point of aim to 200+ yds, within1"!!! And some friends have em in .223 and 22-250. Can't give you their specs but they love them. I don't know what the hell GUN TEST mag did but they screwed the pooch on that one. Grab last yr's model if you can / want one. (The tikka is a SAKO with two lugs instead of three. same factory, metalurgy, same machines, machinists, etc.) The new ones
may be spec'd out different by Beretta-the importer) so ask. happy shooting, Jim

ps-I'm no expert either. three others have the 17 rem and are tgt shooters extrordinare-they get one hole groups. Think about it, one hole with a 17 is awefully darn small. not touching would be touching with a 22! and a factory stock rifle!! $630.rings inc!

A few friends of mine have a Tikka in 17 Remington and love them as well.

Try the 25 grain Berger Match bullets. I can push them faster than the Hornady's. I run them just over 4300 fps in a hunting load, that groups just under .5" at 100 yards. I'm sighted for 200 yards, that makes it 5/8" high at 130, and only 1.5" low at 250.

Still waiting for a new set of dies to come in to start working on an accuracy load.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.