Tikka mags?

I own a Tikka T3 lite in 300wsm, my brother owns one in 7mm RM, my friends own multiple and my dad owns one. We all had the same thoughts regarding their mags as you do. But after years of hard abuse, running them over, and even one in particular tumbled down a 250 yard rock ledge (bouncing off rocks its whole way down), all I can say is they are alot tougher then they look. We have yet to have to replace one.
just my 2 cents

Had my 3 (3 shot 338WMs) since Dec 2008 and paid $69 plus Ship. and no problems. But for that price I spray painted both sides with frorecent Orange so if it drops out I can see that puppy in the dark with a little light.:D

I think your only other option is to replace the whole trigger gauard with a bottom metal such as CDI. Thats what I have done with one of my Tikkas.

Who did the bottom metal work? That's a great idea. I can barely get the 3 rds in there and the follower slides around so bad it takes a bunch of shaking and slapping to get the three rounds to fit in. I worry about it jamming. Definitely wouldn't want to be following a wounded bear if the worst happened.

I have 300 WSM, too. Maybe I should just replace the mags, but I can't imagine they'd be any better, hence the search for aftermarket ones.

Mine is also a 300wsm. I ordered a Manners stock and had them inlet it for the CDI bm but it can be done to the factory stock. Alpha make wsm mags to fit 7 or 10 rounds.
I haven't got it back yet but when I see how it turns out I may do the bm in my other Tikka stock and inlet it myself.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts